The Nissan Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Does somebody know how to reset a 01' Alty.I pulled the wrong circuit breaker by mistake and check engine soon light came on.It's different from other year computers as far that it doesn't have a flat head screw on the side to reset it.Please help!!

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
413 Posts
IncubusAttacks said:
You gotta go to the dealership to get that reset...and it costs like 30 bucks I heard...no bullshit
What are you talking about?
epi, try looking in the FAQ.
http://www.altimas.net/faq-main.html#2
all 2nd gens SHOULD be the same. It should still have it, it just may be harder to get too.

·
Col. Les Claypool
19 Posts
perhaps...if so I stand corrected...cuz I lost my gas cap at a gas station one time and someone was like "oh yeah if you dont get one soon your engine light will come on and its like 30 bucks to get it reset" Oh well..:rolleyes:

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
413 Posts
ZKrazy said:
the 98 and 99 are just like the 1st gens..maybe the 2k and 2k1 are different.
possibly, although I was under the impression that there were no major changes done until 2k2. Well, what I mean is no changes really at all. Since the ECU change isnt really anything major. Anyways, my point... :) is that I would think that there all the same. However I could be wrong, mine is a '99. So I'm just going by the faq.

·
hard on equipment
714 Posts
Well, there are a few things about the 2k-2k1s that differ from everything up until 99. There's 5 more hp, I assume from exhaust or intake; different gauges (circular gas/temp gauges); no exterior antenna (wired into rear window glass); headlights (i'm sure we've all heard that one) and taillights (although it's just aesthetic, solid red instead of red/amber); rear bumper and hood are slightly different from 98-99s. I'm sure there are more.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
the 5hp comes from the internals i believe. also..why would nissan configure and manufacturer all new ecu's just for a 2 years span of a car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not kidding

Hey guys again thank you for your responses but I'm serious about the ecu.I've been looking around the ecu and I also pull both panels next to the driver foot and passenger and I can't find the so mentioned flat head screw.If anybody else have some info about it or if somebody has a 01' model that would like to take a look and verify if they have the screw.Any suggestion or info will be greatly appreciated.Thanx!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
light off

Hey guys the warning light went off by itself I read about that in the owner's manual.The light is supposed to go off after a few short trips if any poblem is found during that period as far as emissions.Anyway guys I was concerned because I did some long trips and the light was still there but finally I got peace of mind.Oh! I checked again for the screw I pulled the transparent tape and look with a flahlight and still couldn't find anything.I don't know if it's because the pedals are in my way but I'm serious about it.Well guys, thank you very much again and long live for altimas!! Epi

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you

Hey poisonfist I really appreciate what you did.Here is the answer my doen't have that.It look like it's been eliminated for some reason it look like an empty hole.Thanks again and this is good to know for those who have 01's. Take care Epi

1 - 16 of 16 Posts