The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Installed my HS NO Cat headers this past saturday with much help from SE05 and alot of phone calls to altimat...now I have a problem.... My car is rice... more accurately above 2500rpms its MAXIMUM RICE. My car isnt the DEEP and loud sounding car it used to be. Now I know the current thinking is to get the largest resonator possible to quiet it down and remove the rice sound. My question is two part... 1) whats the smaller resonator I can get away with that will remove the rice and keep the car decently loud and 2) how much should I expect to be paying for this?

·
How bout them Dawgs
2,207 Posts
I think altimat's is 30" or something like that...you should pay prob around 100 installed.

side note...does the fact that the headers have cat or no cat have any effect on the sound?

·
Disproportionate Member
716 Posts
I went with a 24" resonator which helped a lot, but it didn't completely get rid of the drone between 2k-3K rpm. Above that however, it sounds a lot like a 350z.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Grimm_Reaper38 said:
Ok Installed my HS NO Cat headers this past saturday with much help from SE05 and alot of phone calls to altimat...now I have a problem.... My car is rice... more accurately above 2500rpms its MAXIMUM RICE. My car isnt the DEEP and loud sounding car it used to be. Now I know the current thinking is to get the largest resonator possible to quiet it down and remove the rice sound. My question is two part... 1) whats the smaller resonator I can get away with that will remove the rice and keep the car decently loud and 2) how much should I expect to be paying for this?

That is weird mine is rice from the start but after about 2600 it sounds mean as hell- like a Z on steroids. Do you have a full cat back? Sounds like it may be your set single set up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ya, mine is WAY loud too....z on steroids is right lol.....snap crackle pop! However I'm just saving up for the vb upgrade....no resonator anytime soon :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts