The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im getting a custom exhaust done soon and wanted to know what a resonator does and how does it sound when u put it on. Does it change the sound? and do you lose power from having it?

·
AKA Otto Von Titsling
791 Posts
It all depends on what type of resonator you put on. A magnaflow is possibly the best solution the straight through design is preferable. As far as how it works it is just another muffler basically. It is just there to help absorb some of the sound waves as they make it down the exhaust stream. My advaice is to skip the resonator at first and see how you like the sound, if it is too loud go back and have them put the resonator in. It would be cheaper to add it in later rather then have them try to take it out if it is too quite.

·
Popetastic
394 Posts
I've been running my muffler with the factory resonator on it, and it sounded okay...but just a little to quiet. This weekend I had the factory resonator taken off...damn that bad boy is heavy!!! Now the interior sound level is very loud..so I can imagine it on the outside too. I'll be ordering a new resonator very soon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Some people like the exhaust noise, so if you do, nix the resonator

·
aim: Nism025
1,680 Posts
I have 2.5" piping, it's perfectly fine! I had 2.25" piping b4 this setup and I really noticed no difference between the 2. But definitely put on a magnaflow resonator. It will give the car the perfect exhaust note. Not too loud and I have headers too.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what size do u guys think will be the best cuz i kinda dont want a lot of drone bc i dive on the highway alot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts