The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
C's get degrees.
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Header Style (pics)

So recently the bolts that connect my header to my downpipe decided to rattle loose. I guess I didnt tighten them enough the first time. Anyway, I bought a new gasket cause the old one was looking pretty shitty. I guess Ive had a slight leak there for a while. So when I gte under the car, I remember why I didnt get that shit tight enought the first time. There is this tupid little ****ing eyelet right underneath one of the 3 header bolts. I couldnt tighten it enough and i new it was gonna come loose eventually.

So this time I got creative. I wedged a large crowbar between the header and ummm something else and started ****in pulling until that little eyelet lined up with the header bolt. I then shoved a 6" ratchet extension through the eyelet, popped the 14mm socket onto the extension and started crankin on this biatch. It worked! But then my broither let go of the crowbar and the ****ing extension got so jammed and angled inside this eyelet that it was like a 20 minute job just to get my damn tools back. Pain in the ass. But now the car runs great.

I guess this post is just a rant ut - does anyone know wtf this eyelet is supposed to be there for?

It is kinda hard to see here beause of the angle, but you get the drift.

Here is the old gasket - I guess I've had this leak for awhile :dunno:

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
So you 'adjusted' the eyelit on the upper pan to make it work

you sir are braver than I....something about bending aluminum doesn't turn me on

·
C's get degrees.
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only thing I bent was the actual header itself. I didnt neccassarily "bend" it - i just temporarily adjusted it. Once I took the crobar out it went right back to its original position. Anyway, its the hotshot does come with all gaskets when its new. When I talked to hotshot they said that for the first few months they were making the header they were selling it along with the OEM nissan style gaskets (which are like paper / tin foil style) I guess those ones burn up so now they sell a copper gasket which is much more durable. You can get this gasket from hotshot but it costs about $25.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
lil_z_33 said:
do the hotshot headers come with all gaskets??? i bought mine used and it didnt come with any...where can i get the one the connects to the downpipe???
They come with the gaskets when it's new. You can buy the copper gasket that goes between the header and downpipe from Hotshot.

·
Tire Freak
288 Posts
CerealKiller said:
When I talked to hotshot they said that for the first few months they were making the header they were selling it along with the OEM nissan style gaskets (which are like paper / tin foil style) I guess those ones burn up so now they sell a copper gasket which is much more durable. You can get this gasket from hotshot but it costs about $25.
Mine came with the copper style gasket and it looks like it is about to
fall apart anytime. I can see through the gasket right through to the ground at the edge of the header.

Maybe we should see if fel-pro makes one for the Hotshot application.

·
C's get degrees.
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
shockwave said:
mad mickey mouse tools
And shadetree mechanic action too.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
I had the same problem when I put my OBX back on after my motor swap. my old motor didnt have that eyelet, but thhe 95 did. i just used 2 open end wrenches, and it worked great

1 - 12 of 12 Posts