The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Parts you need I got!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DID UR ALTIMA COME WITH IT??
MINE DID!!! MODIFIED IT TO CLOSE WHEN I SET ALARM ON..
ITS GOOD FOR TRAVELLING HIGH SPEED YOU CAN CLOSE SIDE MIRROR AND GOOD FOR AERO DYNAMICS

G

·
hm.....
thats interesting
I don't think their is anything like that known around here, unless maybe types of concept cars have them. Its a good idea, have you seen cars with those mirrors?

·
131 Posts
Yeah, the whole mirror turns in towards the window. they are kind of springloaded, so if somone walks by your car and bumps them, they will fold into the window, instead of breaking off.

They aren't motorized though, yours is?

G

·
I don't really see a generalized purpose for those
accept for people who need to park in tight spots
and as you said
people walking by that bump into the mirror

·
Parts you need I got!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mines retractable..Check out the features of bluebird atessa..If someone hits it a folds..When I start the car they automatically opens and it is motorised..Its a OEM feature

·
Parts you need I got!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Appleman said:
Yeah, the whole mirror turns in towards the window. they are kind of springloaded, so if somone walks by your car and bumps them, they will fold into the window, instead of breaking off.

They aren't motorized though, yours is?
Mine is motorised..I even had it on my 180sx s13....I use to play with em alot... When I wanna squeeze through traffic I fold them so that I dont scratch the side...

·
good one Fonzie
5,965 Posts
hey bench, want to give me a price on that set-up? I have manual folding mirrors on my 1st gen, but this would be awesome to do. Give me any info and prices. Also, the rear wiper stuff again if you can.

thanks. I love the extra features you have on the bluebird

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
5,783 Posts
Bench...I LOVE your car! :eek:

Have you ever tried getting your car in a magazine?

I'm sure super street and SCC would like to see that! Maybe the Altima would get a little more respect then!

·
Title beneath my name
173 Posts
WOW!

We seriously got ripped off with the altima. Bluebird comes with the sr20det, AWD, rear windshield wiper, motorized mirrors, gear indicator in the guage cluster. Serioulsy why wouldn't the American Nissan Company encorporate these features into our altimas? Why don't any American companies learn from the japanese and bring all the cool stuff here too!

·
layin rubber on philly
130 Posts
damnit i didnt know about the gear indicator. that would make me feel like i was in a rally. the folding mirror is on the passat and higher up in the priced cars. but good damn nissan. its kind of like the mitsu company and the lancer. the japans have the evo while we get the shit.

·
There is no substitute.
520 Posts
When i was in italy most cars including our rentals had these motorized mirrors but the traffic problem is about 10,000x worse than ours. Almost everywhere in Rome that you drive you have to squeeze through traffic or roads. Also, about 98% of cars are manual transmission instead of nearly the opposite in the US.

PS: To really have fun, take a ride on the Autostraud or Autobahn. Only place where you can be driving 110mph and see cars fly by you! :D

·
H.N.I.C.
2,666 Posts
they hav had these on ebay for JDM Nissan's for the longest...
i'm guessin' that the silvia's or Premera's (G20) mirrors will fit on the alty...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.