The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok now im pissed. passed equipment but failed emissions. failed HC's (hydrocarbons- i know you guys know this, but not everyone else does) and CO(carbon monoxide). .08 on HC's. 13.13 over on CO. the chick at the counter said my engine was missing and running rich. ive got new plug wires on it, but the stock ngk R's are whats in it. i bought new plugs for it today, just havent put them in yet. passed on NOX though... could it be the missing pre-cat or could it be when i turned the screw in the manifold about a month ago? im gonna look at it tomorrow, im just trying to get a head start before i actually start... thanks.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
To rich ...02 sensor .. to much fuel pressure or leaking regulator , bad cat. , Etc. could all have an affect ... Other things to check would be the MAF and Coolant Temp sensor .. Or mabie even a leaking injector seal ..

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok... the 02 sensor i just replaced right before i started the engine for the first time. it was ruined by the water from the warped head... the injectors i can see, cuz i removed them when i almost installed the 00 injectors... (since were talking about injectors for a second... why do the 00 (green plug) injectors have 2 holes while the 94(red plug) have four?) maybe ill buy new o-rings tomorrow for them... do you think the cat might have gotten ruined from all the water as well?

·
Big Intercooled Member
1,539 Posts
do you have a cat, because when I failed I had no cat and that is what my numbers looked like.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
check the precat and o2 sensors

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hehe, no pre-cat, hotshot header... i have the original manifold just in case this happened.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
someone else had said they passed with it installed, so i thought id try as well... guess ill have to install the manifold just for the test... :(

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
so..do you have a cat at all?

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as far as i know it is. its not clogged and it doesnt stink... could be bad though from all that water that went thru it.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Yes. Drink beer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts