The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Luddite
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing an aftermarket backup camera and would like to know which of the wires running into the tail lights is the 12v+ for the reverse light.

I was trying to get the light assembly off, but I am scared as SWMBO is watching. She's not likely to cooperate with me trying to dope it out by testing either.

This sort of thing is so much easier when your other cars are "classics" (?) and knowledge is not so secret.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
'09 was pink/black stripe. I'll do a quick check and report back if I find anything.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
This is about as close as the FSM gets to helping.

Start with this on page PG-57, connector B30. You will need to meter it out, but that will give you the colour which is consistent back through the harness.

·
Luddite
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's red with a violet stripe on the 2015. I got the camera and monitor wired but something is wrong, most likely with the monitor. It gets power in reverse (I hear it hum faintly and click when switched in) but no video. I guess I will have to bite the bullet and and buy another monitor, since I cheaped out and bought one directly from China (had HDMI and decent resolution). It will cost almost as much as I paid to ship it back. Rats...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts