1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
that guy from .org
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would like to thank erty67 for posting the link to the SR20/Nissan BBQ Meet.

Update 9/12

I have reserved the tables/spots for the SR20/Nissan BBQ Meet

When: October 3, 2004

Where: Goddard Memorial State Park

(401) 884-2010

Time: 12noon to whenever

Table numbers: 23 to 27 (5 tables with plenty of parking space and
open field in front of spots)

Here are the directions to the park:

From 95 S take exit 9 Route 4 towards south county. It will be a left exit. Once you take the exit take the first exit. When you get off the exit take a right. Follow this road for about 2 miles and you will get to a set of lights with a Shell gas station. Take a right. Follow that about 1/4mile to a set of lights. You will see the signs for Goddard park. Take a left at the lights. Follow down for a mile park entrance is on the left. The reserved spots will be about 15 feet after the main entrance gate on your left.

Directions from 95 N. Take the Route 2 Quaker Lane exit. When you get off the exit ramp take a left at the set of lights. There will be a Dunkin Donuts and a Cingular store on the right. Once you take a left at the lights follow that road down for about 2 1/2 miles until you get to a set of light at the Shell gas station. Take a right. Follow that about 1/4mile to a set of lights. You will see the signs for Goddard park. Take a left at the lights. Follow down for a mile park entrance is on the left. The reserved spot will be about 15 feet after the main entrance gate on your left.

You could always pull the directions of the net if needed :)

Also, we'll be trying to keep the meet civilized in every matter so I will stress right off the bat that acting stupid (excessive engine revving, burnouts, speeding around the park roads) will not be tolerated. I know that we're all responsible adults but it's something that needs to be said. Especially now that tuned cars get more negative attention than ever.

Again, you're welcome to bring anything to the meet, i.e. soda, chips, napkins, cups, plates, utensils, etc. Whatever you can bring will definitely help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks guys for the support shown so far for the SR20/NISSAN BBQ MEET

As of today 9/18 the meet still happening (weather permitting of course)
Unfortunately, we don't have a rain date since the following weekend after the meet is Import Wars at NED and most people are going to be attending that event since it is the last one for the year.

We are expecting an array of different Nissan vehicles for the meet.
So far we have about:
25 SR20DE equipped vehicles(Sentras, NX2000, 200SX)
25 Maximas
Few Altimas, 240SX, Z, etc.

So the meet should be fun. I'll be posting more info by the beginning of next week to finalize every little detail.

Please, if you're contributing with any kind of food or anything post it up so I can get an idea of what everyone is bringing.

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
Alright! Another proud owner of the ultra rare, ultra collectible, Nissan Altima SS (for Super Stock). Be proud of your vehicle! When them fancy schmancy customs show up, pop open your hood, and show off...NOTHING! Watch them turn green with envy as they think of all the money you've saved by not upgrading your car in any way! Listen to them beg you for a ride in your car, as they try in futile fashion to relive their broke-ass youth! Fear not their ridicule, as it won't be YOUR blaring exhaust, and chrome rims, and polished bodykits the cops will home in on! No my son, it will be your smokey, leaky exhaust that will draw their attention. And do not fear that the SS has no purpose, for it is by serving as easy bait that the customs will then make their escape! You will then appreciate that while it is great to have friends in high places, it is even better when they owe you favors...

I think I can attend this meet, so you won't have to play donut alone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So everyone, this is what we have so far that people are bringing:

daveracer(SR20DEforum): Lots of soda, paper plates
serfanatic(SR20DEforum): Grill, hamburgers, hot dogs, cheese, charcoal
joeangel(SR20DEforum): Wings
wngan9447(Maximas.org): Utensils, napkins, cups

What we need:
Water
Ice
Buns
Rolls
Condiments
Anything you can bring!

We are also encouraging bringing some fold-up chairs, with the large turnout we are expecting. If we can't enough food together for everyone, then we will be taking donations at the meet to go and purchase some. I know all of you will be as hungry as me :)

Please PM me or post here if bringing anything to the meet. Thanks

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
I got the BJ's hookup, so if there's any particular wholesale item that will be needed, let me know. I know bread is cheaper by the pallet, but it's hard to know how much we'll actually need. I can definitely help out with the condiments and water. And I have two bottles of this KICK ASS buffalo wing sauce (garlic-parmesan flavor, yum!!). Be more than happy to share. I'll try and get even more before the meet.

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
This is a callout to all .net people attending this meet...There are five, repeat FIVE of us bringing food/drinks/supplies to the meet, and we expect no less that 100 mouths to feed. Here's the link to the current thread:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=335859&page=3
Please look over the list of what's needed and see if you can contribute to the greater good.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Brent and i might also be there but not with the Alty , its still off the road .So if its alright i will be going in the Srt-4. My brother will be attending with his SER

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guys, the weather for this weekend in Warwick/East Greenwich is looking very good! We are expecting upwards of 100 people at this meet .

Also if anyone else has an extra grill, please don't hesitate to bring it along. I don't know if just one will be sufficient.

We still need someone to bring in some chips.

Everyone get ready! Only 3 days away!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Me, Timmy and my bro will see you guys at Honey dew near tims house at 11am. If thats ok . Not sure about the others, most of em have prior engagements.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts