The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Scooter Doctor
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor, 19 years old, started out with a 1980's VW Golf GTI, sold it for a early 90's Honda CRX, sold that and bought a 2004 Chevy extended cab, and lifted it,larger tires/rims, etc. Sold that and bought a 2004 WRX, within a month had it boosted. Now that is gone and he has a brand new VW R32 in his driveway.

This is all in a year and a half or so.

Discuss.

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
He's getting the money from somewhere! At 19 I don't imagine that he has the kind of job that'd pay him enough, so I have to go with the nefarious activities. Either that or he's a total moron who has no idea how much deeper the hole gets dug every time he trades in. OR, maybe he's selling his "upgraded" cars at a profit. That would work, if he's found a good market for it.

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
some parents spoil their kids. either that or the debt thing. I'm still paying my "younger years" debt off, but it sure as hell was worth it.

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
If he's anything like me, he's going further in debt....:(

Now if he's like my friend James, who's been driving the same 1984 Volvo 240 with 2 gears left including reverse since 1995 and has a great paying job but never splurges on anything, then he's a rich SOB !! haha

·
Registered
128 Posts
I rarely keep a car over a year anymore. The last two years, I've had a 99 Altima, an 87 Supra, a 93 Camry, a 94 Accord, a 94 Camry, and a 95 Accord. I have no idea what I'm going to get next. One day I want the 240, another day I want a Prelude, and on Sundays I want a FFR Roadster. I need to get something RWD again. :(

On each car, I gained money, except the Altima and Supra. The Altima was bought almost new, so it got hit by mad depreciation, and the Supra was junked after I blew a hole in the engine. From the rest, I've only profited. I could conceivably buy another 99 Altima now, but I'm not gonna. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts