The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rich - I remember you telling me your friend does powder coating, but can he do rims? How much?

Anyone else know what the cost of this is and where I can take rims to be done?

·
I don't care
3,191 Posts
This guy (wes from b15sentra.net) knows a guy that did his in Waukegan. It seems like a trip but they were done very well. Rich does have a friend that has a kit..

·
THE BIG POLISH SUSG
939 Posts
Yes whatever fits in his oven!! We did an engine block, so I think rims should fit. Now I don't know about the rubber, I would really have to talk to my friend before I tell u the cost and if he is able to take off the tiers, or u have to get them off. It should not cost much. Basically the cost of the pwder. I am guessing around $150.
i will get back to u

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rich,
Get back to me about the price ASAP. As long as they look like they came that way then I am cool with it. I don't want some shitty looken rims cuz that would sux. I could get the tires off at a shope here if needed. I wanna go with white rims.

·
THE BIG POLISH SUSG
939 Posts
Ok He siad he could do it. its $150, and u will get the tiers off. I will be workin on twincams car next week possibly wed, so if u want u could just give them to him, and he would bring them over, and since twin works right by my house, ic could meet him after work one day and give them back to him. Cool? Call me at 847-828-0089

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rich,
Has he done any rims before? I just am worried about how they will turn out. I don't know the process in powder coating but I'm affraid of having drip marks or something like that on my rims.

If you or your boy will take paypall then I will do it ASAP or else I will have to wait tell next weekend or something tell I have some cash.

Another question: Do you know anyone who can wet sand and buff a car? If you do find out how much it will cost. I'm gonna need this done in a few weeks.

I'll try to give you a call tomorrow after work around 7:00-8:00pm

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
what does wet sanding do to it (other than sand it) would that prepare it for a clear coat?

·
THE BIG POLISH SUSG
939 Posts
I used to work at the body shop, u wet sand a car first to remove the clear coual, wet sand works wonders, and it doesn't scratch up the surface, and make groves.

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
ooohhh, that sounds nice, so they could wet sand then reapply the clear coat to make it all nice and shiny?

·
THE BIG POLISH SUSG
939 Posts
Not 100% sure. u might want to check that. They will either do that, or repiant where needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.