The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the 16" rims on my 2002 alty. Will my car be affected if I move up to a 17" rims. Ride, gas mileage, noise? I am looking to get some 17" ROH fury's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1) The ride may be effected slightly due to less sidewall

2) Nothing noticeable, the 17" wheels may be heavier but nothing to be concerned with

3) You may here a little more road noise but again very slightly.

It's not like you are getting 19" or 20"

·
Shift_???
136 Posts
IMO, going from 16's to 17's won't do any difference, for the simple reason that you can buy a S or SL which comes with 16's stock and then you get the 3.5SE with 17's stock....so by Nissan standards you should be Ok,

You'll notice a difference if you go 18's or bigger, not much more road noise, but the drive will be a bit more bumpy...i'm going with 19's this summer, with a ProKit installed, I think it will make a difference, but nothing like my old car was with Sportlines installed on it...damn thing was like riding a train...!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
02silver,

We just put 19" Furys' on our Altima.
http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82897

We went up 2 inches from 17's. The ride is different, of course anything other than what you are used to is different.

I find the ride is better now control-wise, it is a little more louder when it comes to the daily driving noise, but highway seems the same. We haven'e went far enough to notice any gas mileage difference yet.

I would assume going to 17" from 16", that you would even notice less a change than we have.

~trippn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts