The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i get a grill big enough to put in the risq bumper? And if possible post some install tips?

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
yup...HOME DEPOT grill OwNz...

look in the sig...don't but the ebay $#!+...they're the same ones...but they cut a $5 worth sheet to like 10-15 "kits"...go to the sorce...screw the ebay crap...

·
Registered Member
175 Posts
Does that stuff you buy at Home Depot look tacky though?? I was thinkin about doin it but i thought everyone would be able to tell it wasnt a real mesh insert. And i, like lotz of other people worry about how people look at me.

·
Own Joo
1,205 Posts

judge it for yourself, i painted it with chrome paint then i clear coated it.., looks beautiful.. if it ever gets dull, just go back to the depot and pay 5 more dollar .. lol

looks the same as the real shit.

·
Music Selecta'
566 Posts
if you want the real stuff go to a iron and metal shop, get some stuff called: expanded 080 aluminum sheet metal. This stuff is NICE! Im gonna do my grilles with it later this week. after you get the grill cut out and completely finished go to an anodizing shop and have the grill anodized in any color you want (im gonna anodize mine silver) It will look pro compared to the home depot gardening mesh stuff. Its a little more pricey but it will look 100 times better!

·
Music Selecta'
566 Posts
expanded 080 its the "flat" looking 1/4 inch dimond stuff that you see on all the really pimp cherry cars at shows and stuff. Check it out you will be impressed.

·
Music Selecta'
566 Posts
Oh and make for sure its aluminum because they sell it in iron also, but you can't anodize iron. Iron is a lot heavier and stronger though, so I guess its all personal choice, if your doing it for looks or for performance, the orrigional point of mesh grillcraft stuff I believe was to protect, so the Fe will I guess protect better than the Al. You can also powdercoat the Fe, but I don't care Im personally going with the Al. I think anodized Al will look better and it will be lighter.

·
Music Selecta'
566 Posts
Yes I will for sure, it may take me longer, I went over to Colorado metal and ironworks the other day to buy a sheet of this stuff, they cut it the wrong way and it was the only sheet they had. (make sure they cut the dimond pattern longway) So they say they will have more in later this week. My friend owns a machine shop so he is gonna help me with the bottom grill. The top one Im working at right now. I have a grill from a 93 I just need to cut all the plastic stuff out of the center sand bondo sand and then get it painted then I will be able to put the mesh on the top also. Its gonna be a hell of a project! But Im looking forward to it. Its gonna look SOOOo good when Im finished.

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
My friend got some for his GTI that cost him $35 CAN at a store.. looked almost exactly like min, but his was painted white. Mine cost $7 from home depot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts