The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is so loud on the road. It sound like I have mud grip tires. I think the sound is coming from the rear tires. Anyone else have this problem?

·
1 large "member"
865 Posts
try searching sound deadening. people have done some beautiful write ups about noise...

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,268 Posts
I undercoatd the car myself...You can't believe how much bare metal is under that car.... Made a vast difference

·
Registered
833 Posts
Speak up I cannot hear you......

Mine is the worst when it is on concrete that is brushed for traction. When I wear these Brickstones out there will some investigation into tire that don't like to sing.

I don't drive on too much concrete so it does not concern me too much, just keeps me awake when I drive.

·
Registered
833 Posts
wild willy said:
I undercoatd the car myself...You can't believe how much bare metal is under that car.... Made a vast difference
Did you polish the aluminum suspension parts while you were under there.

I think the only painting that I am going to do when I rotate my tires is to zinc chromate the rusting parts, to slow the process down and make it look a little better.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,268 Posts
e-squared said:

Did you polish the aluminum suspension parts while you were under there.

Don't think that did not cross my mind.... I am not that ambitious though

]

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Undercoating

Bakes said:
Willy,

I know you've stated in a prior thread that you used Dupl colour Undercoating.

Can you tell me where you picked this up?
Bakes, I did the same as Willy but because there are no Autozones here I went to good Ole Canadian Tire. I used about 6 Cans and have two more to put on. It is the Mastercraft brand called rubberized insulation/rust proofing.

I did both rear wheel wells and up around the gas tank etc. Just remove one wheel at a time and spray it on. It is about a 4 beer job. Excellent results. I also did the front ones but never noticed any noise there anyway.

I can`t understand why the Wild one never mentioned my name, him being a name dropper and all???

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,268 Posts
Rat you should have posted a pic when you were done...not of the car..of you. So everyone could see why you should JACK the car up high!!! LOL Have a good one Buddy!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
wild willy said:
Rat you should have posted a pic when you were done...not of the car..of you. So everyone could see why you should JACK the car up high!!! LOL Have a good one Buddy!
I should have taken one is right, I was coated head to toe. Bakes make sure you jack the car up so you can easily slide under or you will wear most of the undercoating.

On a lighter note here is a pic of The Rat in the Trunk during the trunk dymamat adventure. I call it Normal size man and a Two-Four.

·
For me to poop on!
227 Posts
Is that the roofing insulation from Home Depot? And if so, does that stuff just have the peel and push install or do you have to use a heatgun?? Just curious Rat...thanks.

·
Big Yellow Mutt
504 Posts
wild willy said:
Not nearly as much bare metal as our Tribute... it has NO undercoating! :eek:
Is that stuff spray on or brush?

Lowes or Home Depot both sell spray on or dip rubber coating. That works well too.

·
Big Yellow Mutt
504 Posts
Make sure the tires are balanced properly, and at the proper pressure. They shouldn't make any noise really. Mine are super quiet. If they aren't balanced right, they'll wear out of round and start to sound like super swampers. But any tire will really do that.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
miconis said:
Is that the roofing insulation from Home Depot? And if so, does that stuff just have the peel and push install or do you have to use a heatgun?? Just curious Rat...thanks.
Yes home depot. It is cheaper than Dynomat or Brown Bread. The stereo freaks us it on the entire car. I also used it under the back seat and front of the outer wheel wells.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,268 Posts
Thats a big rat in the trunk.... Nice job...You probably added 100 lbs to your car with the cans of spray and the dynomat lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts