The Nissan Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
screwing insurance with paint job, ideas?

i have some dents on my roof from my ski rack, that im going to get fixed. My deductable is $100, but im wondering if anyone has some ideas on how to get insurance to pay for other scracthes on my car. like i would like to get one of my door and my trunk painted over, but not have to pay the extra cash? ideas will help.

·
Banned
29 Posts
back into someone by accident, do just enough damage to scratch the trunk/bumper/door or whatever

fraud is cool:bigok:

·
Banned
29 Posts
get'cha keys out....say you had a psycho g/f....i dunno jack shit about ins policies...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re: screwing insurance with paint job, ideas?

skibumm3 said:
i have some dents on my roof from my ski rack, that im going to get fixed. My deductable is $100, but im wondering if anyone has some ideas on how to get insurance to pay for other scracthes on my car. like i would like to get one of my door and my trunk painted over, but not have to pay the extra cash? ideas will help.
IMHO, I would not do it.
What you're saving now by getting the insurance to pay for it-in an accident caused by you-will be eventually paid back to the isurance by you, in the form of an increased premium-since you caused the accident or you are putting the claim to be paid by your policy. Heck, they might even drop you altogether if they are really pricks.
On the other hand, if someone hit you, then it might be another story. But anyway, I am not sure how different is Colorado law from Texas law, so do not take my word for it.
H.

·
Slow & Low
756 Posts
Your going to put a claim in on your insurance for dents from a ski rack... Not to smart to put in trivial claims against your insurance you'll end up paying for it two fold further down the road. Insurance companies track the number of claims you put in and if they see you as a risk because of excess stupid claims, they may drop you or increase your insurance premium.
Just call dent wizard and have them pop the dents out, shouldn't cost more than a few hundred bucks.

·
4,733 Posts
DAMN YOU !!!!!

MY PREMIUM JUST WENT UP $190 FOR THE NEXT 6 MONTHS BECAUSE AN INCREASE OF INSURANCE FRAUD IN MY AREA!

YOU SUCK! i F*CKIN SWEAR

·
4,733 Posts
Re: screwing insurance with paint job, ideas?

skibumm3 said:
screwing insurance with paint job, ideas?
Furthermore, you can NEVER screw the insurance company. They could care less. All you do is screw people like ME becasue they pass the cost on to others. Don't ya get it?

NOT COOL :THUMB DOWN:

·
588 Posts
tak ur airbgas out and say them got stolen, j/k, willdogs is right, my shti wnet up $60 cuz of other peoples fraud

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanks for the info guys, guess i wont be screwing the insurance company.

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
Just pay to get it fixed, your pocket will be a bit lighter, but it'll be safer. Primary Driver + 17 = $350 /month

·
Registered
658 Posts
Thom said:
Just pay to get it fixed, your pocket will be a bit lighter, but it'll be safer. Primary Driver + 17 = $350 /month
u pay 350 a month? ur gettin screwed over no matter what age u are. i paid less than that when i was 15 (400/6months), although it was just liability, but full coverage wouldve only been 150/month.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
threads talking about screwing insurance companies like this get closed in my book.

idiots like you make rates go up for everyone else...

get a job and pay for the repairs yourself

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.