The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ya'll,
I have a 2012 Rogue AWD and the brake lights stay on (ie don't turn off when the brake pedal is not used) after a few minutes in stop and go traffic. Right around the time when this happens the engine will hesitate and it feels like there is no power.
When I park the car the brake lights turn off within around 5 minutes and things are back to normal until the next stop and go traffic.

I searched the web and figured out that the engine hesitation is based on the car thinking the brakes are being used (although they are not).

Two different shops replaced the brake switch but that didn't fix the issue. It seems like there is a relay stuck somewhere between the brake switch and the lights but i was told there is no relay in between.

• Has anybody else had this issue before or knows what to look for?
  • If the brake switch is working and the brake pedal is not pressed, where are the lights getting the electricity from?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I came across this. When your Rogue is running put your emergency brake on. Then turn it completely off. Then start it back up and they should go off.!??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts