The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
10,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was talking to a few of my friends who live in Garden City and they told me nassau county cops have no jurisdiction in roosevelt field mall at all! I forget exactly what they said, but the only police that can go in there and give tickets are garden city cops, which are never ever in there. They told me they run lights all the time in there because they know they won't get a ticket.

Interesting huh? :D

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I don't think so.....Garden City definitely has jurisdiction there, considering the mall is located in Garden City...but Nassau cops have jurisdiction in ALL of Nassau, even if the certain town has it's own Police Department (which Garden City does.) In my friend's car last summer, we got pulled over by a Nassau cop on the roadway in front of Macy's for speeding.

O and also, I've seen alot of GC cops in undercover cars...they're in full uniform, but in cars you'd never expect...I've seen them in a blue Camry, a silver Avalon, a black Explorer and every now and then they drive throuh in a Caprice....they're definitely in there, so I wouldn't be blowing lights if I were u ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts