The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi experts,
Have you run into the similar issues:
I had a rough idle in my 07 Altima hybrid when it was not in ev mode, so I tried cleaning the throttle body and mfs. After that I noticed my idle rpm has gone way up ( around 1300 to 1500 rpm) I tried the relearn process and that didn't help at all. Then I noticed that after idling for about 10 minutes the engine rpm is going way up (around 3000 rpm) and this would happen even if I am driving at high speed and have my foot off the pedal and coasting. At this point the dreaded SES light came on, there were 2 codes P0300 (random misfire) and P0507 (high idle rpm).
I checked and replaced all 4 spark plugs and ignition coils and erased the codes, btw, the iridium spark plugs had melted tips and hence much larger gaps. After a while the code P0300 reappeared but not the P0507 yet.
Any ideas? Appreciate any pointers.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,622 Posts
You may have to artificially reduce your RPMs while doing the Idle Relearn, I've heard the idle needs to be below 1000...and this is often done by disconnecting a coil (or two for the V6).

The P0300 is a little more odd....but could have been caused by 4 melted plugs and could now be being caused by 4 cheap aftermarket coils. After you get the idle sorted...you could try replacing the original coils on the new plugs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts