The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 Altima with 104k and ive noticed that my rpms seem to fluctuate up and down while my foot is on the break or when im not moving. The rpms seem to bounce up and down its never really stuck in one place. This is also making my hood shake, how can i fix this problem with my rpms?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Check the vacuum lines for your Idle Control Valve, clean your TB, cause it prolly had deposits all around the butterfly valve. Also make sure your car has had a tune up, possibly timing belt change, as it might be off one tooth w/ a worn belt. The reason I say that is because you said your hood is shaking, and it may be a timing issue.

-Good Luck

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
The TB cleaning and vac line is a very good idea. Mine was stalling
out in traffic, almost got me killed, and this was after a distrib.
replacement. Mine has 133k mi and the TB cleaning made it purr.
By the way, Altys have very expensive timing chains (AT LEAST
700-800 and UP) and you might check the engine mounts for the vibes
also. Hope we help!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I believe the KA24DE's all had TIMING BELTS ?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
belt or chain? whatevers...mine doesn't seem to have a problem relating to timing.
however, my rpm fluctuates too. I'm sure it's a vacuum problem but I'm not sure how to attach it. Everything's nice and tite. I get a check engine light once in a long time.

Anybody who's cleaned an altima TB...how'd you do it? The maximas are easy cuz they're up top and easy to remove if necessary. But the darn KA's are pretty low. I need suggestions.

Jay

·
dismember
9,326 Posts
nope, its timin chain.

·
Registered
45 Posts
ThurzNite said:
belt or chain? whatevers...mine doesn't seem to have a problem relating to timing.
however, my rpm fluctuates too. I'm sure it's a vacuum problem but I'm not sure how to attach it. Everything's nice and tite. I get a check engine light once in a long time.

Anybody who's cleaned an altima TB...how'd you do it? The maximas are easy cuz they're up top and easy to remove if necessary. But the darn KA's are pretty low. I need suggestions.

Jay
Jay, wait til the motors "cold" and get some Carb cleaner, spray on a rag, and open the throttle, and start cleaning....LoL
I remember seeing that the TB was near the firewall, maybe 6" below the "top" of the motor, it shouldn't be too hard to get to. If worse comes to worse, go to a reputable repair shop and ask, get an estimate, and do your research, you may learn something new.

-Peace

1 - 8 of 8 Posts