The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Altima SV

Runs and drives absolutely fine. No noise (other than the heat shield with a cracked mount) no other issues except

I tend to let my car idle a lot between leaving work and chatting with people or sitting in my car when I get home and watch videos before I wake everyone as I work overnight. When I let my car idle (cold, warm, after a long drive does not matter) if it idles for 5 minutes or so and I decide to drive it attempts to stall. Longer idles tend to absolutely stall sometimes twice in a row. I'm assuming a bad pcv might let the engine run richer during idle but my idle never moves from the 650? Range. It doesn't show any signs of problems what so ever and no codes. Just figured I'd ask before waking up early to finally tackle this. Thanks for any advice. Also while I am here, is there anything I should know as a new Altima owner (6 months) other than the fact issues. Like is there anything I should know is typical or maybe doesn't throw a code but I should periodically check? Thanks again. I am an electrician and info have a moderate amount of experience. Transmissions are the only thing I have no knowledge on. Everything else I have a pretty good grasp of ✌

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also note the car does stall, just not always. If I punch the pedal it'll buck down then go or before I drive if I rev it two or three very quick times I have no issue. Leading me to believe it's rich during idle.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
PCV airflow and the TB butterfly aircrack are closed related. If you do PCV then clean the TB at the butterfly edges, that can help even more. Clean your MAF as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, you are absolutely right. I typically do clean my maf but while I'm there I should just pull off the throttle body and clean it as well. I will let you know how that goes this weekend. Ty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts