The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well as you all know i am not much of a racer but being late for an appointment today i was in a rush and everyone in Ohio drives 45mph on our 55mph highways. I attracted the attention of a black Marauder as i got on his ass in the fast lane. He didn't get over, and the middle lane was clear so i moved out to pass- and just as i did i saw a little black cloud come from his exhaust. I said "shit no" to myself and with plenty of room to run ahead of me i mashed it down into 3rd. I honestly couldn't believe it, it was like a cheetah closing in on a weiner dog- floored it going about 50 and i passed him (after he already beat me to the pedal) by about 75- and yes he was flooring it the whole time cause his exhaust was roaring in that heavy '8. He looked over in amazement so i did a rev up at 80 so he knew to go the fuking speed limit next time.

I have raced three RX-8 including this one and they have all gone my way luckily. Well i was doing about 80 and came up on an RX-8 so stayed by his side to see if he wanted any. He floored it then let go, then i followed suite. He then took off for good and i was a 1/2 second behind him to the throttle. By 95, i was half a car head and by 110 where we both let off, he was at my rear bumper- nice especially since he started a car ahead of me since he was first to the pedal.

Some prick in a silver SRT-4 was weaving back and forth through traffic trying to get up next to me and he was finally successful at a redlight that led to a straight stretch for about half a mile. He had this big bitch in the car- next time he needs to drive by the cows on the side of the road and not pick them up. Anyhow, i know i am in for a tight one- and the light hits green- I get the jump off the line and by 40 he is at my rear bumper. By 65 he is about 7 feet back from my rear and not holding his ground. At about 70-75 he let off and that was that. At the next light he got up next to me and said " damn that thing is fast, i let off because you kept putting road on me"- i smiled and we drove off.

These races occured over about a 10 day period.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
He had this big bitch in the car- next time he needs to drive by the cows on the side of the road and not pick them up. lmao

He looked over in amazement so i did a rev up at 80 so he knew to go the fuking speed limit next time. ahaha what a good way to teach someone a speeding lesson :D

nice kills stacey, i wish my car was as fast as yours :D good kill with the marauderer, i thought those things would be killer on the highway.

my friend borrowed andy dick's marauder a while ago. this thing was all black with limo tint all around and it had a speaker intercom thingy installed. my friend would track down his friends driving down in hollywood and use the intercom to play jokes on them where he'd pull them over and cuss them out over the intercom. yes its really stupid, but it scared his friends shitless since the marauder looks like a cop car :D

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
the Merc is so damn heavy, that the big v8's power isnt enought to really get that thing moving. The RX-8 is such a sexy car, but so underpowered its rediculous. and the SRT-4 must not be modded. stock for stock, and 3.5SE should take those cars, but a modded 3.5 vs a stock SRT makes it even worse for the SRT owner.

Good Kills!!!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sleeperalti said:
the Merc is so damn heavy, that the big v8's power isnt enought to really get that thing moving. The RX-8 is such a sexy car, but so underpowered its rediculous. and the SRT-4 must not be modded. stock for stock, and 3.5SE should take those cars, but a modded 3.5 vs a stock SRT makes it even worse for the SRT owner.

Good Kills!!!!
even if the SRT was modded..... i am not your average intake exhaust 3.5

·
Unregistered User
676 Posts
From what I've read the stock srt-4 is faster than stock 3.5 Altima, but the guy in the srt-4 had a rather large lady sitting beside him, couple hundred pounds could tip the scale in favour of the Altima, especially since Stacey's ride is not stock...

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
Stacey3.5 said:
even if the SRT was modded..... i am not your average intake exhaust 3.5
I dont know what all is done to your car, but i will take your word for it

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sleeperalti said:
I dont know what all is done to your car, but i will take your word for it

Click my profile i have pics- I/E/P/H's.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Well, don't see anything in your profile, Stacey, so I'll be the first to throw the old BS flag........You would need to have a heavily modded 3.5 to hang with the SRT. And just like our cars, most are not stock. The SRT's are easily modded with just bolt ons.

I know, cause I own both. And trust me, you ran into an SRT driver that didn't know how to drive. Don't take them for granted. The next one you race will likely have you for lunch............

My bolt on SRT would absolutely DESTROY any NA Alti on this board. Trust me.........

·
Registered
314 Posts
Stacey said by 75 mph, the SRT was right there. That's under the 1/4 mile. If the race continued, he would have passed you and been ahead. The SRTs are quick but not unbeatable. But they are deadly from a roll. I always see them in the 14s at the track even stage 1. Must be the Vegas heat and altitude.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Yea 14's with S1 is really bad. These things go 13's off the showroom floor. 12's aren't uncommon for S1. Here's the big problem. These cars, unlike the Alti's, suffer from severe wheelhop from the factory. Relatively inexpensive motor mounts (about $150 for all three) cure that. But lots of these kids don't want to spend anything on their cars that doesn't add "power". And then they complain about poor track times. Inexperience, that's all.

But you're right, the SRT's strong point is from a roll. This car (and any other FWD car, IMO) was not built to drag race.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Stacey3.5 said:
Some prick in a silver SRT-4 was weaving back and forth through traffic trying to get up next to me and he was finally successful at a redlight that led to a straight stretch for about half a mile. He had this big bitch in the car- next time he needs to drive by the cows on the side of the road and not pick them up. Anyhow, i know i am in for a tight one- and the light hits green- I get the jump off the line and by 40 he is at my rear bumper. By 65 he is about 7 feet back from my rear and not holding his ground. At about 70-75 he let off and that was that. At the next light he got up next to me and said " damn that thing is fast, i let off because you kept putting road on me"- i smiled and we drove off.
Nice kills, but this guy either got a REALLY bad start or just didn't know how to drive the car. The SRT-4 should've been able to take you out no problem with a compitent driver.

The funny thing is, you get a lot of these kids driving these fast cars but they have no driving experience. Therefor once in a while you get up against one and make them feel stupid... hehe

Good job...

EDIT:

Oh by the way, I've already seen 2 on the streets and 1 on the track. The cars I'm talking about are regular Neons that have the SRT-4 kit on them to make them look like an SRT-4. They've even gone as far as putting on the same wheel's and brake calipers. But then you find out really quick what they are when you hear them step on it... lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nice...how come I never run into any halfway decent cars. :sad: I don't get any thrills pulling on minivans and non modded ricemobiles lol. Oh and she isn't bs ing about her mods.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok to whoever threw out the BS flag- i am probably one of the most modded 3.5's on this site- look @ my profile again computer genious. O and i do run in the high 13's- srt's are in mags @ 14.1's and 2's.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
dont do Mag racing. they are never accurate. EACH individual car is different

1 - 20 of 61 Posts