The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has any one with the s model been able to upgrade there climate control to the digital display auto temp ?

Yes I searched first only found one thread with no real answers.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Your easiest solution would of been to purchase an sv trim.

Why do you need the digital display?

·
1,728 Posts
I think Crisisx1 is correct, probably about what you read in the other thread. The way cars work now makes these upgrades very difficult and expensive - usually more difficult then trading cars.

·
2010 Nissan Of The Year!
3,440 Posts
It can be done but will cost more than the option would have initially been in the first place. The digital climate control consists of temperature sensors in multiple spots that probably are not going to run if individually wired so you will also need the climate control harness that also is integrated into the stereo wire harness I believe. The entire in-cabin setup is going to be taken out. With the different radio harness you will most likely then need to upgrade the OEM radio if it is anything like the 4th Gen.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
It can be done but will cost more than the option would have initially been in the first place. The digital climate control consists of temperature sensors in multiple spots that probably are not going to run if individually wired so you will also need the climate control harness that also is integrated into the stereo wire harness I believe. The entire in-cabin setup is going to be taken out. With the different radio harness you will most likely then need to upgrade the OEM radio if it is anything like the 4th Gen.
what he said, you'll pretty much need a new whole main harness

·
1,728 Posts
Are you guys sure it won't require firmware/programming updates as well? The signal lights go through the CANBUS, I'd think the climate control might as well, and might need other modules or main computer configuration updates to work properly? I don't know what's involved, but seems there is a very good chance it's more then just parts and wire harnesses?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone for there input , I have given up on this up grade and returned the control.
Can be purchased on e-bay for $80
There are a couple of other oem upgrades I am able to complete that are plug and play- rear trunk spoiler, fog lights with steering wheel stalk, remote start with dealer programming, and at a latter time stereo upgrade.
Yes as stated before a sv trim would of been better I was so excited to get a new Altima I jumped the gun a little but at the same time bought what I could afford my trade in was a 2013 Sentra sl . Back in 2010 had a Altima SL the 8 way adjustment seat and my favorite the steering wheel telescoped and vertically adjusted not just up and down.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
^ what made you give up the 2013 sentra SL? Seems like a nice looking car.
Did you take a big hit on trade in

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ what made you give up the 2013 sentra SL? Seems like a nice looking car.
Did you take a big hit on trade in
The SL part of the sentra had some nice features however it is a very underpowered and noisy drive train, I do wish they would of carried the led tail lights into the altima.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
The SL part of the sentra had some nice features however it is a very underpowered and noisy drive train, I do wish they would of carried the led tail lights into the altima.
I THINK LED taillights come on the 3.5SL Altima.

The Sentra NISMO is gonna be nice, won't be as underpowered.. somewhere around 220 HP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi has any one with the s model been able to upgrade there climate control to the digital display auto temp ?

Yes I searched first only found one thread with no real answers.
Hi, Yes, I did that. Well, more precisely, not I myself, but I turned to the repair service. Simply the best option is to contact the service. In short, about a year ago, I bought an air conditioner. Then after a while I wanted to update the climate control. Only I didn't want to go to the repair shop because it was expensive. I decided to call my friends first and ask for advice. Many did not know what to do. But my boss finally persuaded me to come here socool.sg. Arguing that it is better to turn to professionals.

·
Registered
147 Posts
you would need many things but not least of all a new compressor since it has the solenoid that works with the acc which has a reputation for failing like I and countless others are discovering. so dont be too envious.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you would need many things but not least of all a new compressor since it has the solenoid that works with the acc which has a reputation for failing like I and countless others are discovering. so dont be too envious. View attachment 101220

What are the tangible differences with and without a Solenoid? What I mean to ask is, can you tell/feel the difference from first glance on the exterior?

2nd hand car salesman here trying to learn what i can from online forums

·
Registered
147 Posts
you can see the solenoid from under the car but its for models with auto climate which you can see in the cabin controls.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts