The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
*Horny Member*
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first choice is the S14, but they are hard to find in good ext/int. shape with low or even high mileage for around $6K
I really like the way they look.

The S13 is a great car that has lots of potential, in both the looks and performance field. I don't like the looks as much but they can be found in great condition for pretty cheap.

I have always liked Talon TSi AWDs. I know I can easily find one in my price range under 80K miles. They are fast but expensive to maintain properly especially if I'm going to put on some go-fast goodies on it.

What do you think? I still have about a month to think about this...

·
I don't care
3,361 Posts
I wouldn't buy a DSM because of quality and reliability issues but I respect them because of how they can be sped up. A nice S14 is impossible to find. I was thinking S13 with sr20det. I don't really care much about looks but I think for you you should probably go with the Talon. You could use the money that you would have spent to speed up the 240SX and use it to get the Talon in nice working order (like switching the old turbo out).

·
ASE certified wiseass
214 Posts
Cheap and fast you really can't beat the first gen dsm. I myself am partial to the 1991, but any first gen is really easy toi make go fast. Don't worry about cost, they aren't any more expensive to make go fast than a Nissan or Honda.

I would recommend the 16g turbo upgrade after you upgrade the boost gauges and exhaust.

Have fun.

Randy

·
*Horny Member*
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the looks of the '93 Talon TSi AWD

here's the S14:

or the S13:

Decisions, decisions... :confused:

·
Dreamer
665 Posts
a S13 coupe is nice. Looks really good. Just buy a good shell, drop a SR20DET in there and get ready to kick some ass!

Shell = $1000-2000
Engine+install = $4000-5000
Rims, suspension = $2000

There ya go, perfect driftin, autocrossing, street racing, daily drive!

Don't forget to put an Akina Speed Stars club sticker on the hood :D

·
*Horny Member*
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't forget to put an Akina Speed Stars club sticker on the hood
What is that?

·
U13 Drifter
624 Posts
You haven't seen inital d yet? lol i'm not suprised since you haven't mentioned putting a silvia front on the s13 a.k.a sil-eighty

·
*Horny Member*
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ben said:
That's the S14a. Very rare with the 5-speed (and just plain rare with the automatic). They were also only 97-98 so they will still be expensive.
Yeah, I know, it's a 97, but I'm looking for a 95 (which is with that body style, less the headlights and maybe front bumper)

·
*Horny Member*
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AWD said:
get what you want, fuck what other people think
isn't there a biased, subliminal message in that comment??? :D :p

·
dismember
9,414 Posts
2nd gen talon tsi = crank walk. dont get it.
i like s13 over the s14. hatch back = :cool: s13 also got the classic sports car lines. :D

·
*Horny Member*
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
chiadog said:
2nd gen talon tsi = crank walk. dont get it.
I don't want it :D But the 1rst gen had problems with timing belts breaking every 60K miles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts