The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
1320 In 12 With A Bed.
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cruising around looking to race something worth my time. I see a new Mustang GT. They're pretty quick, but I've already smoked enough at the track. No need to waste my gas. Then I see this S2000 with exhaust. Hmmm, lunch. I've been behind one before at a light when he was racing another car. When my tires finally hooked up I was right behind him the whole time. So I figure I've got a little bit more shit done since then, this should be interesting. I've never really full out raced one so I thought I could up my points and add an S2000 to my kill list. We manage to weed through traffic to get to a red light. Green and my tries are roasting. I spun through the intersection and had a nice chirp on the 1-2 shift. The S2000 had the jump on me because of this. I hit 60 and start reeling him in. 100 mph, it's all over. The S2000 is about a car length back. Should've seen the look on the guy's face when he realized what beat him. A very cool race.

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
bullshit!! pushrods suck, s2000's are F1 engineered. No way a truck could take a sports car!! c'mon now. :rolleyes:

·
1320 In 12 With A Bed.
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rick said:
bullshit!! pushrods suck, s2000's are F1 engineered. No way a truck could take a sports car!! c'mon now. :rolleyes:

I guess it was just a bad driver. :D

·
1320 In 12 With A Bed.
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
osama said:
you drive some kind of truck? what do you drive? nice kill
It's a F-350 Super Duty Dually. I got intake, chip, headers, and exhaust. That S2000 never stood a chance.

·
they call me the butcher
1,975 Posts
i dont know how fats the truck it but s2000's arent that quick
they are nice but have no toque

·
Registered
9 Posts
With the S2000, its all about the driver. It can be a 15 second or a 13 second car depending on who's behind the wheel. The S2000 is difficult to launch and stay in the powerband.

I raced one last night and won even though I was outmatched (see sig) Ran him twice and beat him both times by 1.5 carlengths going 90.

Redline, that's quite a sleeper you got there! Have you ran it on a track yet?

·
VTEC wont save you....
1,939 Posts
originally posted by Ricekilla:
Redline, that's quite a sleeper you got there! Have you ran it on a track yet?

originally posted by REDLINE:
They're pretty quick, but I've already smoked enough at the track.

I aims to please....

Nice car there Ricekilla,I ran one on the highway before.Bastard kept pulling after 120.I couldnt close the gap.;)Bout a car length.

I hear they have some engine problems w/ the 6 speed GTS version....

·
Registered
884 Posts
OMG! I am sick of hearing that to drive a Honda S2K, you have to be a professional race car driver to beat anybody. Do you think that the rest of us are all professional race car drivers beating grandmas who are cruising around in Hondas?

I will give some props to a truck that my wife was racing this weekend in her 2000 GT mustang. I think it too was a f350. that thing was super tall. We were on the interstate on saturday when this truck is right on her ass. So she's like, "Hold on. I'm going to loose this guy." She floors it and is pulling away from him. BUT... that truck is doing a good job at hanging with us. She was up near 100mph and it felt like it was over. He stayed behind us as we weaved through traffic, but finally we had to slow down for our exit. He got up next to us and I gave him a thumbs up. He waved back with a thumbs up and kept on the interstate. We both said, "MAN, that was a fast TRUCK!!!"

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
hahaha, that s2000 was owned with MoPaR PoWa!!

Massively
Over-
Powered
And
Respected

·
NISSANCLUB.COM
4,763 Posts
Well hey, that S2000 is not for everybody. My friend just bought one, can't drive it worth shit. Its indeed a 16 second car, but than again, my friend who races his type-r (SCCA PRO, not street) could probably get the S2000 well into 13's.

The only reason I don't like S2000's is because for that much money - you simply do not get what you pay for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree, the car is a bit overpriced. Especially when the car first came out and dealers were marking it way up. A performance bred car with rwd should have more torque.

But a 9,000 rpm redline sounds pretty awesome.

btw HondaKilla...

The 00 and 01' gt-s 6 speeds have close shift gates. Its not a defect, more like a design flaw. If you are experienced with manual and arent careless, you won't have to worry about misshifts. But they decided to revise it and the 02's have wider gates.

·
dismember
9,326 Posts
if u can find a better roadster for 32k. lemme know.

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
Peterson said:

I thought you had a Dodge Dakota? I could be totally wrong, though.

I have a special place in my heart for crew cab dually's.
Yea Redline ...How many Hot Rod Trucks do you own ??? Last I heard You had a Dakota R/T ? So which is it ??

·
Honda/Acura AllMotor Guru
831 Posts
chiadog said:
if u can find a better roadster for 32k. lemme know.
1994 R Edition Miata with Flying Miata Stage 3 turbo, Tein coilovers, Wilwood brake kit, and a set of Rota Slipstreams ...... done for well under 32!! :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Its still a 94 Miata. I could get a CRX, chop off the top, do a motor swap and throw in some NOS and get a faster car.

And 2002Altima, the offer still stands.

·
1320 In 12 With A Bed.
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gotta love those diesels. You can add 60hp with just a chip. There is a turbo diesel Volvo sedan running around Houston. It's ****ing quick.

BTW, I was just ****in' around, I still drive my R/T. It's in the shop right now though. R/T vs Possum = R/T in bushes with. It looks like the trees used my truck as a chalk board. Oh well, insurance pays.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Talking about turbo diesels... last time out at the track there was a turbo diesel EXCURSION running 13.5... real nice guy, mid 60's drivin it... He said a family friend owns a performance shop and did all the work for him... Did I say all the work?? Oh Bigger turbo and New exhaust, thats IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts