The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Minnesota Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple guys I work with say they use SEAFOAM on their engines regularly to clear crap out. Is it safe to use it on an OBD1-equipped Altima? Also, in what applications can I use it? These guys say they use it in the gas, in the engine oil, tranny oil, etc. What the hell, is this like a magic clean-it-all? I've never seen nor used the stuff before...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yes, it is a magic clean all!

Seafoam, available at Napa, is a strong carbon remover.

It has been used for years by the 2 stroke and marine industry.

It will clean fuel injectors, carbs, valves, combustion chambers......

I have used it in numerous vehicles, carbed, OBD1, and OBD2, 2 stroke, rotary, model engines......with no problems.

Use one bottle in the gas tank with every oil change. Make sure that your fuel filter isn't too old. It has been known to clean out the gas tank and clog filters. Worse, it can clean out your fuel filter which would be very very bad:D

Don't bother with the "flood the engine with it." If you have so much carbon on the piston/chamber/valves, a professional decarbon cleaning is best. Flooding engine is when you extend a vacuum line to the Seafoam can and allow the engine to slurp up as much Seafoam as possible. After the engine stalls, let it sit for 24hrs, toss another bottle in the gas tank, and be carbon free! This method is usually not needed in engines that do not burn oil. 2 strokes and rotaries might benefit.

Do not use it in the oil. Frequent oil changes is the best way to remove sludge in the engine. Or, use a little MMO which each oil change if you think that there is sludge.
Do not use it in the transmission. Regular ATF changes will keep the transmission clean. Or, use a little lubegard ATP is you think that there is any varnish.

http://www.montanajacks.com/enter.h...roduct_IndexFuel_Stabilizer_zg_Treatment.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts