The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
NISSANCLUB.COM
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eibach Lowering Kits for the 2002 Altima on sale to ALTIMAS.NET members.

(Kit includes 4 high quality springs)

Price: $210

2 Kinds of set up, SPORTLINE and PRO-KIT
(for information on springs please visit http://www.eibach.com).

Springs are ready to be shipped.

(1993-2001 Altima lowering springs ALSO available)

TO ORDER / ASK QUESTIONS:

Please call Adam Hume toll free 1-800-576-2131 Ext#138 , don't forget to mention that you are from Altimas.net !

·
1,333 Posts
How long is that price going to be held for?

Im interested but Tax season is comming up and I may be paying taxes again this year.

·
Be very afraid...
4,511 Posts
Just keep in mind that lowering the car will wear out the stock struts prematurely, in anywhere from 10K to 20K miles. I am wanting to get a set of H&R springs for my 2K2 Maxima and have read pretty consistently that it will kill stock struts pretty quickly.

It would probably save money (labor charges) in the long run to put on a set of KYBs or Tokicos at the same time you do springs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What is thr drop?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Creature said:
Just keep in mind that lowering the car will wear out the stock struts prematurely, in anywhere from 10K to 20K miles. I am wanting to get a set of H&R springs for my 2K2 Maxima and have read pretty consistently that it will kill stock struts pretty quickly.

It would probably save money (labor charges) in the long run to put on a set of KYBs or Tokicos at the same time you do springs.
I agree 100%. Aftermarket Springs on OE struts are a bad idea!
I personally recommend the Sportline/KYB AGX'S. The AGX's
allow you you to vary the dampening rate up to 4 settings on the
front and up to 8 settings on the back.

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
sprayin70 said:
What is thr drop?
Sportline: 2.2/1.6

So how long would you guys sit and wait for these struts to become available while your springs sat in the garage and your Altima sat way too high?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Altimat said:

Sportline: 2.2/1.6

So how long would you guys sit and wait for these struts to become available while your springs sat in the garage and your Altima sat way too high?
It is a paradox!

Form over function?

For my $$$, I'll just wait a couple
of months for the aftermarket to make
a good strut. Compare that with spring
selection and then buy both at once and
install together. Hopefully, they will have
coil overs out by Spring!

The aftermarket seems to be keeping
pace with our rides...3-6 month lag time,
not too bad overall.

patience is a virtue!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know this was asked before, but what is the drop with the Pro-Kit? According to tirerack.com, the front is .7" and the rear is 1.6" I'm pretty sure this is wrong.

I also found this little tid bit from the Eibach faq about shocks and struts:

"What shocks or struts should I use with an Eibach Pro-Kit?

Eibach Pro-Kits are designed to work with original equipment shocks and struts provided they are in good working condition.

Aftermarket performance shocks and struts will increase the overall performance of your suspension and are also recommended for use with Eibach Pro-Kits. Pro-Damper - valved by Eibach, is the newly established line of Eibach performance dampers. The Eibach Pro-Damper is the ultimate match for the Pro-Kit as it is the only damper line which is valved to work in unison with the Pro-Kit characteristic."

·
Registered
717 Posts
Altimat said:

I missed out on that one!:D
I'm sure you've got others to make
up for it!

Like the new pic of the ride by the way.
How much does that plate cost you
per year in your state?

·
Former Honda owner
71 Posts
i am with you altimat...must have it lowered now. can't look at the front gap anymore!! i will upgrade struts/ shocks when they are available.

what is patience?

·
I have too many hobbies..
36 Posts
I'll post some pics as soon as I get them and install them. I got my springs, instake, and kit from Stillen from Terry at X123
1-800-576-2131 The kit shows later this week and the springs and intake sometime next.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Xerious said:
I'll post some pics as soon as I get them and install them. I got my springs, instake, and kit from Stillen from Terry at X123
1-800-576-2131 The kit shows later this week and the springs and intake sometime next.
Xerious, let me know what the bracket on the
Stillen Intake looks like O.K.?
Thanks, Bro-

·
I have too many hobbies..
36 Posts
Hey Altimat...

I got the same price as what was quoted earlier in the thread... I just told them that I was part of the altimas.net board. I don't recall the higher price they were about to charge me had I not mentioned it. I spoke with Terry at ext 123 he is a realy cool guy... know his stuff

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
Yes, Terry seemed great to me too, but I must have ordered before BigBird set up the deal. He quoted me $245, and I even asked if that was the Altimas.net price! I think I'll call back and renegotiate the price!

·
Former Honda owner
71 Posts
Install

Are you guys planning on doing the install, or have a shop do it?

I have installed coils and struts onto a 91' Honda Prelude, it shouldn't be much different.

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
I decided to do it. $13 for the spring compressor rental. The only quote I could get (several shops weren't interested in doing it at all) was $250.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts