1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, September 8.
Qualcomm Stadium

Tech opens at 7:00 AM
Runs begin at 9:00 AM, and last run-group starts at 5:00 PM.

Show up early because run-slots fill up fast, and as they fill up, you run out of choices.

BBQ throughout the day in the parking lot.

I'll bring a grill, ice, and some meat and bread, but bring your own grub!!! I can't feed everybody!

Bring drinks, cameras, sunscreen, lawn-chairs, etc, and if you don't have a helmet, bring some money to rent one.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
"if you don't have a helmet, bring some money to rent one."

rent?
I'll most likely be there. It's in my book. I'm thinking about running the Volvo...

Jay

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ThurzNite said:
"if you don't have a helmet, bring some money to rent one."

rent?
I'll most likely be there. It's in my book. I'm thinking about running the Volvo...

Jay
I'm not sure, 'cause I've never had to "rent" one. Is it borrowing? You didn't have to pay anything last time?

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
just handed them my drivers license.
Jay

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ThurzNite said:
just handed them my drivers license.
Jay
Oh! Cool Beans! I hope they don't smell funky! I doubt any of the people that borrow these helmets wear head-socks. :D

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
just got the flyer today...looks good!
Jay

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
just come on down...
Jay

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
there'll be a place for us to line up and have a little meet right?

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You have to get there early and claim some spots. Last time we were able to claim enough spots for all our cars... but if you show up late, you might have to park in some far-off places. :p

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
depends on which group i'm running in...do i wanna claim newbie or not? i kinda do want an instructor to ride along....
Last time we left around 6, right PT?
Jay

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
i'll probably have nothing to do so i'll be there as long as everyone else is...

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, we left around 6:00... but the runs are usually done by about 5:30 unless they have fun-runs this time... If they have fun-runs, I have no idea when they'll be done.

You don't have to claim "newbie" status to get an instructor to ride with you. With that "N" on your car, they'll hold the car behind you a little longer at the start line, 'cause the "N" usually means they're slower drivers. Noobs... go figure. :D

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
ailec113 said:
I will just go and chill out with you guys but i gotta think of the ride to SD first........

why don't you drive your car?

·
Registered
28,959 Posts

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
We should get there around 7:15am and probably before 9 cuz that's when racing starts.
Jay

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
i'll see about waking up that early.. :D i swear i'll try!

do you think 4 boxes of donuts will last awhile?? haha

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ry said:
i'll see about waking up that early.. :D i swear i'll try!

do you think 4 boxes of donuts will last awhile?? haha
Hey! I rescheduled a Final for Friday so I can make it... This makes my Friday a serious pain-in-the-ass. I will have non-stop finals from 8:00 to 4:00)... if I can do that to myself to make it to the races, you can wake up a little earlier than usual. :) J/K. Just party hard on Friday afternoon/night, get in bed about 10:00, and you should have no problem getting up early on Saturday.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts