The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who live in the areas where snow, ice sand and salt are common parts of your winter vocabulary.....

We have had a lot of the “white stuff” fall recently. While I was checking tire pressure this morning, I was also kicking off the inevitable globs of snow, ice, sand, salt that were clinging to the mud flaps on the backside of the wheel well. I then looked at the forward side of the rear wheel wheels only to find a big chunk of sand/salt/snow hiding there; this is on the inside of the lower rear quarter panels in front of the rear tires and is not really visible until you poke your head inside the well. My guess is that if rust is going to start anywhere on this car, then that’s the perfect breeding place. I don’t think that simply washing the car would remove this stuff; I think you may have to scoop it out by hand.

Oh well, maybe it’s time to move back to a warmer climate….

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
According to our friendly environmentalists they state that Boston will have a climate like Atlanta in the future! No need to move!!!

I noticed that too when I was checking my tires as well. I've given up cleaning the car at this point, it's a lost cause.

·
Future Z Driver
800 Posts
Altimaxnh said:
I've given up cleaning the car at this point, it's a lost cause.
Same here. Literally every time I wash the car, it snows the next day. I'm sick of it. Bring on the global warming, I won't mind a bit!

·
Fat Boy
395 Posts
Afty said:
Same here. Literally every time I wash the car, it snows the next day. I'm sick of it. Bring on the global warming, I won't mind a bit!
I wish that was the case here. Up until about 2 weeks ago, we were at about 7% of normal snowfall!! We have recovered to about 60% thanks to the big snows recently, but are way below normal. I am seriously looking out my window right now at work and there is only patchy snow all the way to the peak of Mount Olympus (10,000 ft above sea level)! It is absolutely obsurd! If the Olympics were this year, they would be cancelled, and if this keeps up, summer around here will suck. Crappy waterskiing, camping, etc. :angry4:

·
Registered
432 Posts
But in 20 years the coastline will be at Salt lake City, Utah

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I love the snow and road salt!!! I can't wait to look underneath the car and find signs of corrosion and discoloration on the pipes. Not to mension all the nice little nicks on the tip of the hood from salt trucks. Yes!!!! alright!!! I love buying a brand new car and having winter season just ruin that whole "new" vibe.

This sucks!:(

·
Registered
50 Posts
HATE SNOOOW !!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Snow rocks! Don't like it? Move to a warmer state.

The stock tires on the Altima are worthless as all seasons but once I put the Blizzaks on the thing became a little tank in the white stuff. Only time I've had a problem is when the snow gets above the fog lights.

As far as washing your car...don't do it until the spring thaw. The road salt and crud on there is harmless until it gets wet, thats when it starts reacting with metal...so long as its dry you will have zero rust issues...unfortunately you have to live with a dirty car but its only a few months...I figure if I can stand looking at it with those black steel rims then enough salt to turn my red car white is no big deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts