The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Santa Cruz Meet At Full Speed Performance (*Bay Area, California*)

this is just a teaser for you all...and to get everything moving...nothing set in stone yet though...

i have been getting emails and phone calls asking about when we are going to be doing this and up until know i had no real answer...but...

we are officially opening this weekend...pretty exciting...:D ...so i was thinking about different dates to do the meet at the store...

so do you all prefer Saturdays or Sundays?..

either the weekend of March 8-9 or 15-16?..other dates?

what works best for everyone...we should have some discussion and then come up with what works best for the majority...it'll be great if a TON of you can come...plus we should factor in weather predictions...Santa Cruz is awesome on a nice day but can suck if it's overcast and cold...

also everyone give me some suggestions of what you would like to do...obviously food and drinks of some sort (specific ideas?)...

how about a raffle or contest of some sort?...if so what types of prizes would you all like to see (exhausts, suspension, intakes, etc)...anything you REALLY want to win?...keep in mind the value of the prizes determine raffle prices...

i was also thinking that everyone who made a purchase or a donation of, or exceeding, $10.00, $15.00, $20.00 would get a t-shirt/long sleeve shirt/hoodie respectively and Stickers (we have both 6 inch side window ones and full windshield di-cut vinyl ones(reserved more for "sponsored" cars))...

i guess i am just looking for input...i want to make this as much as possible for you guys...from my point of view it's not so much about making money on this specific day as it is about having a great time and establishing relationships and friendships with you all...word of mouth and repeat business is how you make money anyway...

so yeah...let me know...:D

and Ry...i'm sure at some point it'd be cool if this was a "sticky"...thanks man...

EDIT: Ry...if you could change my subject to include "*Bay Area, California*" i'd appreciate it...just for those who don't know where Santa Cruz is...

·
EXPLICIT EDITION
324 Posts
You know I'll be there. The weekend of March 15-16 should be good. Either saturday or sunday is good for me. Can't wait to see everyone again!!!:cool:

·
enthusiast and consultant
455 Posts
uhhh, yea, I need new rear tires before I go on any expedition out in santa cruz. Sucks that my car has a fatty dent in the fender. I'd still be there with my ghetto ride. haha

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
would like to come...but man...5 hour drive there and 5 hours back might b a lil bit hard fo us LA guys...but yea....good luck w/ the stores...

i might shoot u a email later on bout prices w/ GC and Tok...cuz i wanna get them...and i might order whenever i decide to go visit ma friend @ berkely since u ppl are like kinda on the way

once again...good luck w/ the store...

M

·
0 Posts
damn..santa cruz meet..wish they had those when i was up there...all i would do is hang out at House of Sounds and Volks Cafe :D

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NIZ_sport said:
uhhh, yea, I need new rear tires before I go on any expedition out in santa cruz. Sucks that my car has a fatty dent in the fender. I'd still be there with my ghetto ride. haha
maybe you can carpool with someone?...:confused: :) ...if not no big deal...but if you can all the better...

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XOoET64oOX said:
would like to come...but man...5 hour drive there and 5 hours back might b a lil bit hard fo us LA guys...but yea....good luck w/ the stores...

i might shoot u a email later on bout prices w/ GC and Tok...cuz i wanna get them...and i might order whenever i decide to go visit ma friend @ berkely since u ppl are like kinda on the way

once again...good luck w/ the store...
thanks for the best wishes...and yeah...please do get in touch whenever for whatever reason...i have friends at Berkeley too...so if you ever do come up even if you don't order anything we'll have to go out in Berkeley and have some fun...:cool:

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
makaveli22 said:
damn..santa cruz meet..wish they had those when i was up there...all i would do is hang out at House of Sounds and Volks Cafe :D
dope...yeah House Of Sounds was cool and Volks Cafe used to be a nice spot...now they are gettin kinda wack...one of the main reasons we're opening...their rep is going down the drain...possibly even goin out of business...shady practices...

but if you ever come up this way again hit me up and we'll chill...:D

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bvexp said:
You know I'll be there. The weekend of March 15-16 should be good. Either saturday or sunday is good for me. Can't wait to see everyone again!!!
ASHURA said:
my thought exactly...same here
good to hear guys...any input feel free...and start spreadin the word...let's make this the best yet...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Noah, I will def. be there!! Saturday would be best, March 15 is even better!
It sounds liek it is going to be off the hook.....as long as everyone SHOWS UP THIS TIME!!!

L.A. PEEPS: Don't be a bunch of pu$$ies! We came down your way for the meet, so what is up? Why can't you make the drive??

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mauztek said:
woohoo! i can invite honda friends rite?
most definately...everyone is more then welcome to come...please spread the word to anyone you think likes to hang out and talk cars with cool people...

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
crazymike said:
Noah, I will def. be there!! Saturday would be best, March 15 is even better!
It sounds liek it is going to be off the hook.....as long as everyone SHOWS UP THIS TIME!!!

L.A. PEEPS: Don't be a bunch of pu$$ies! We came down your way for the meet, so what is up? Why can't you make the drive??
looks like March 15th is the concensus so far...this works good for us too...

and yeah the potential to be off the hook is definately here...provided we can spread the word and get a bunch of fools up in the place...

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
*updates/ideas*

we are trying to close the parking lot in front of our store...or at least reserve a good 15-20 of the 30 or so spaces...hopefully our neighbors will be receptive to the idea...

also thanks to everyone for responding with such enthusiasm but please give me some input on what you would like to do on this day...as far as food...raffles...give-aways...

read my first post to see what Q's exactly i asked...

also for shirts...i need to know some sizes of those of you planning on coming...Mike i'm sure doesn't want an xtra-small..:p...nor would some i met fit well into an XXL...:)...so yeah...help me out...

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
clutch is a possibility...

basically all the give-aways/raffle items depend on the number of people who show up...if 5 people come i don't see us being able to afford to give away 400$ in items...lol...

this is of course the idea behind a raffle...buy a ticket for $20.00...get a shirt and stickers for free (price of the ticket)...and a chance to win 1 of say 5 items...all worth $100.00-$300.00...

1 - 20 of 187 Posts