The Nissan Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
reppin DC crew
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what stuff can u do or put on ur car to get better gas mileage. i have a 94 gxe auto and a 98 mishibushi galant. thax 4 the help

·
reppin DC crew
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any one ^

·
Energy Liberation Front
659 Posts
Back in the day, before I had a job, I used to have to scrounge up gas money to get back and forth to the community college........barefooted....in the snow........I'm getting off track....Basically, I found what really worked well for me and made my special list of guidlines to follow while driving.

1. Accelerate slowly and smoothly! Have you ever driven in a car that shows you the gas milage as you drive? Well, I'm not sure how accurate these things are, but if my grandpappy's lincoln is any indication, you're wasting quite a bit of glass flooring it to each stop light. I imagine that's where a lot of engine damage occurs as well.

2. Cruise at 55mph on freeways. Keep all windows rolled up, and A/C off.

3. When taking turns, brake as little as possible, to prevent the required acceleration afterwards. I know it might shake up some passengers when you take that corner at 45......but if they complain, hit them up for gas money.

Now if your talking about mechanical modifications.....can't help you.

·
Old School
131 Posts
Adhesive said:
Back in the day, before I had a job, I used to have to scrounge up gas money to get back and forth to the community college........barefooted....in the snow........I'm getting off track....Basically, I found what really worked well for me and made my special list of guidlines to follow while driving.

1. Accelerate slowly and smoothly! Have you ever driven in a car that shows you the gas milage as you drive? Well, I'm not sure how accurate these things are, but if my grandpappy's lincoln is any indication, you're wasting quite a bit of glass flooring it to each stop light. I imagine that's where a lot of engine damage occurs as well.

3. When taking turns, brake as little as possible, to prevent the required acceleration afterwards. I know it might shake up some passengers when you take that corner at 45......but if they complain, hit them up for gas money.

Now if your talking about mechanical modifications.....can't help you.

A/C off?!?!?!?!? :confused:
A/C off will work in San Fran and Northern CA dude, but after April in GA, you will literally die with no A/C. :)

·
sittin' pretty.
499 Posts

hahaha now THATS old school right there...hahaha Thats good stuff...winodws up a/c off? hahaha..that aint a happenin in SC in the summer...you can count on that.

·
Old School
131 Posts
Pretty damn hot
Scorching
Hot as hell
Hot as a son of a b!tch
Smokin'
Steamin'

You name it, it gets hot. Though not as hot as my hometown of New Orleans.

I've been to San Fran., Walnut Creek, Concord, and Oakland a lot over the past 5 years. You guys have some extremely mild weather. As a matter of fact, downtown San Francisco, can be down right cold in the summer. Go figure. :confused:

·
I am the universe.
1,034 Posts
Save money? Buy one of those air twister things...aren't they supposed to save you like $10,000,000 dollars in gas a year? I think that's what the commercial said......

·
Title beneath my name
173 Posts
WTF does keeping the windows up have to do with anything?
it's supposed to reduce wind resistence or drag...something like that. That way your engine doesn't have to work any harder to maintain the same speed.:confused:

What I've always been told is the best way to save fuel when it's unbearably hot is to keep the windows open and a/c off on the streets and turn the a/c on and close the windows when driving on the freeway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.