The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Minnesota Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 5 weeks, I've been touring the Middle East performing the Islamic pilgrimage and visiting Holy Shrines. Anyway, I noticed some Altimas/Bluebirds in a couple of the countries...

Saudia Arabia:
I saw one Bluebird. Not sure what model it was. 1st gen style. Ruby Pearl color. Great body style (same as US-spec SE), but it was beat the hell out of.

Syria:
Saw a few Bluebirds. One, which I saw as I was passing by it in a bus, had an SSS badge on the back. One thing I noticed is that the Bluebirds in Syria had a different style front bumper. The front turn signals are more square-shaped than the US-spec Altimas and they extend around the corner of the bumper. Looks better, in my opinion, but that's probably just because it's a change from what I'm used to seeing.

That's about it for the Altimas/Bluebirds, but at the airport in Damascus, Syria, I saw an amazing looking Mitsubishi Lancer GLX. It was one of the older body styles (estimating around '93, '94, or '95). The thing had been tricked out with a full body kit, spoiler, exhaust, rims, drop, tints, and smoked sidemarkers. That is the only car I took a picture of overseas, and when I get the pics developed I'll make sure to post it up...

Overall, the cars I saw in Saudia and Syria were pretty cool. Saudia features the best of the best including tons of Benzes and Bimmers. The only SUVs you'll see there are Suburbans/Tahoes and Land Cruisers. Of course, the Saudias are loaded cause of all their oil... Syria was quite a sight, too. There was one roundabout we stopped at for about half an hour and I saw some nice hooked up Bimmers there. Tons of 5- and 7-series. It sure was fun, I just wish I could have driven one!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Mohamed said:
For the past 5 weeks, I've been touring the Middle East performing the Islamic pilgrimage and visiting Holy Shrines. Anyway, I noticed some Altimas/Bluebirds in a couple of the countries...
HAHAHA!! Love your post! Great finds! I had to laugh because you were on a pilgrimage and then you are like, "but anyways... I saw some COOL cars!!!" HEHEHE!! Glad to hear about your finds!

·
The Minnesota Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoa! Talk about resurrecting a post from the dead! :D

Anyway, I didn't have a camera on me when I spotted any of the Altimas/Bluebirds... Damn. But, I did snap a pic of a hooked up Mitsubishi Lancer at the airport in Syria. I'll try to get it online by tomorrow... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Mohamed
The Nissan Club
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing