The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so my bro left work when I got there today at 3:30. He went to the bank like always, then went to the post office for me to mail something. Leaving the post office, he is backing out, but there is a car parked at an angle so he doesn't see it, and he litterally just taps into her. She gets his info, but refuses to give him any of her info. She is at least 60, and finds out where my bro works and which location in specific.

My bro comes back to work at like 4:30 to drop off the deposit slips and tells me what happens. I tell him to go home and call our insurance agent.

About 5:15, this woman comes in looking for my dad. His name is on our insurance card, and she tells me that he hit her. I told her no, that was my bro. She pulls out this sheet, and she has an estimate of the damages, $427.13 total. She said "he hit me at 4:08 pm."

OK, so in an hour, she went 5 miles north of where we are, in heavy traffic, got in to get an estimate, and came back down to my store. It takes 30 minutes just driving all that way. And it was a dealership too, so we know how long that takes!

I go out and look at the car, and I understand that when paint is ripped off a bumper, its usually black scratches. This woman has like one little scratch, then like 5 more two feet away. And she has this black mark all the way across her bumper.....as if it had been hit by a car with a black bumper, and scratched.

I called my bro and runs to work with the camera, and even though the lady refused to allow it, he got some pictures of the damage. We then call the insurance agent again, and tell him that an hour after the accident, she had an estimate, which he thought was "very interestingly fast."

Tomorrow, my bro is going to the dealership to get a copy of the estimate of damages, and is going to check the time of the report. Woman never called the cop, and she refused to give any of us any info. Her daughter-in-law called my dad later on, and my dad said he would refer any questions or comments to his lawyer. The daughter-in-law started to say, "well, thats not necessary, we can settle this..." etc etc etc.

Its a scam if I ever saw one!!!!! I even had one of the guys who worked with me go out and look at the damage, and he just laughed at the lady.

This will turn out to be interesting.

·
Banned
173 Posts
I had my neighboor try doing to me about 5 years ago. It was even worse, because I saw his car everyday, so I knew it was ****ed up before I tapped it. ****ing old people.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts