The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MKII MR2 > *
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angry4: There is a two inch long scratch on my bumper now. Apparently someone scraped me :(

Anyway, it went through the paint down to the black bumper and it has no chance of rubbing out. What is the best way to take care of this?

·
Banned
18 Posts
couple of options:

1) new bumper
2) touch-up paint
3) professional bodyshop repair
4) leave it and deal with it (prob gonna get more anyway)

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Same problem here...went to Nissan and they were like its too deep, you ned to get it filled and have the whole bumper repainted. Well then if thats the case then I figured I would just wait until Active unings body kit came out and if I like it get it since its a complete replacement you know.....JMO. Sucks though since mine has that obvious black scrape on the satin white bumper...really stands out.

Rich

·
Registered
833 Posts
I had good intentions of fixing my bumper gouge, but it is too farging cold. I must wait a few months. It will take me a month to get my bumper back in shape from all of the nicks from road $hit.

Since I have a white car and the rock gouged into the plastic enough, I will have to cut the edges of plastic away and start to fill the hole with a close white paint until I get close. Then I will switch to the factory touch up paint to finish it.

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Same thing happened to me, too deep whole bumber needed repainting if done, I had it touched up and am just waiting for a body kit that I want.

·
Registered
247 Posts
SOS... here on my bumper too

I came home the other night from the Santana concert, backed my car into the spot its parked and hit (hiccup!) a big planter on my patio. The planter left a 1.5"x1.5" scratch down to black on my satin white cover. That piss-like water based touch up paint is a joke unless you have a few hours to kill adding coat after coat to get the thin stuff to cover :angry2:

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
ah man i forgot where i saw this but u can use touch up paint then theres this softner u put on then you use this leveler so itll be even with ur bumper...no touch up bumps..if i find it ill post it up...

·
No, I am not a newb
269 Posts
HAHA!!! lol

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
:D sorry guys don't mean to make it all big, im just trying to catch some people attention and hopefully theyll make a spoiler and kit like that...hahaha...so i guess im being pushy...:D

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
okay i found it....its in the march issue of super street...just go to ur local book store and rip out the page...hahaha...jk.....i hope that helps....

·
Go Terps!!
420 Posts
I just recently backed into another car. No dings or imperfections in the bumper itself but the paint was shaved right off. Since the car is so new i wanted to start with a clean slate, so i chose to get the bumper removed and repainted. I pick it up tomorrow from the body shop. The price wasn't TOO bad, though i could have gone without the financial hit!

·
keep those tips up
246 Posts
jvela,
did you remove the bumper yourself? If so, could you pass along directions for the rest of us?

Many thanks...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts