The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this question might sound stupid to some....well there is a fine scratch about 5 inches long on my charcoal black leather seat ....what do you guys recommend to fix this? do I just go to a regular place that specializes in leather or would a pep boys have something for it....thanks guys

·
hello
3,517 Posts
thats what im wondering too. but i have a pretty hefty scratch near the airbag..which is probably vinyl i think..but same kinda problem? :confused:

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,286 Posts
I would try black shoe polish...it usually works well..Liquid

·
Harley Polly
570 Posts
wild willy said:
I would try black shoe polish...it usually works well..Liquid
On the same note, you could go to a shoe repair place and ask to purchase a tiny bit of black shoe dye. Bring your own little glass jar, he/she might even give it to you. A three ounce jar is about $4. I used it for years on the girls' riding boots when the dye would wear off.

I would clean the scratch with alcohol (rubbing or methyl hydrate) and apply the dye with a Q-Tip sparingly. Let it dry overnight and apply your favorite conditioner. Voila!

PG:D

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
I need to try that shoe polish thing. My little sister flipped over the seat and made a 4 inch long scratch on the back of the front seat. I coulda "hugged" her after that :angry4:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts