The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just got a question for ya's. I got a bunch of scratches around my car from the original who obviously was a ****ing dumbass and was just wondering how I can get rid of these scratches without painting or replacing the panel. The color of my car is tan with a hint of gold. thanks for your help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Meguiars Scrath-X

hey how does this Meguiars Scrath-X work?

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah, he's right. I've tried it. Some people talk about how something can actually 'take a scratch OUT' of the paint and that's just ricockulous, but there are some really good ways to fill in or hide the scratches-- like a paint cleaner used with a polish.

·
Glowin' Authority
253 Posts
Use color wax, go the advanced and ask for a color wax, they say what color is your car you say _____ they say ok hear you go, apply it and BOOM the scratch is hidden :)

Just like cooking with Emirel

·
Registered
582 Posts
DON'T use color wax, this seems to be every altima owners solution to paint problems. As to "taking a scratch out" it is possible! Most of the time a scratch is just in the clear coat, unless it is really deep. The scratch can be removed with a high speed polisher and a cutting compound. This process removes a very small amount of clear coat down closer to the level of the scratch and the heat created by the pad 'melts' the paint for an instant and smooths and fills some inperfections. Follow with a good polish to moisturize and condition the paint and follow up with a wax to protect against the elements. If you don't believe me go to a body shop and ask them, I own a polisher myself and some of my friends do this for a living.

·
Registered
712 Posts
u a spic? just wondering, what kind of polisher do you own? how many watts? and for people that are lazy, they use the color wax to save some time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts