The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to effectively turn a ported box into a sealed one? What kind of material and adhesive to use on the ports. I bought a ported box for 2 10" Infinity subs on sale for $15. But I read that you get better SQ from a sealed box. Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
it will sound like shit cuz the box is going to be bigger than a normal sealed...so you might as well just buy a sealed box if you are that worried about sq...or actually get one custom built

·
Registered
288 Posts
it really depends though, on how big the ported box is. If you bought it for $15 then it's probably not built to spec for your subs right? Alot of times you can actually build a sealed box a little bigger than recommended and it will have much better low-end extension without losing too much of it's punchiness. I do agree that it's kind of silly to just plug up the hole though. If you do that you're missing out on the other huge advantage of sealed boxes...their smaller size.

Actually, there are plenty of people who have port plugs who compete. They'll usually run it with the ports plugged up, but when they compete, they take them out so they get the increased SPL.

Anyhow, in your situation I'd recommend just making/buying a sealed enclosure because your box isn't custom built to work both ways. Sorry there's not a cheaper way

1 - 4 of 4 Posts