The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know folks have asked before about problems with the seatbelts sticking, etc...

I finally looked at my 99 warranty manual and Seatbelts are Covered for LIFE. However they aren't warrantied for fading or color changes, etc.

all Components of the seatbelt is covered.

And the SRS is covered under the PowerTrain warranty though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The dealer tried dicking around with me when I brought my 94 in. My automatic seatbelts stopped working and they said that it would be like $120 just to find out what the problem was. I said that I thought that they had a lifetime warranty and they gave me some crap about "they dont know what all is covered, but they know that the automatic retraction is not covered". That pissed me off. I am going to go to another dealer this afternoon. Ill let you know what I find out.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you still have your owner manual kit, look in the Warranty booklet. there is a graph showing what is covered for how long, then a seperate section showing everything in the seatbelt.

·
Registered
50 Posts
All I have is my owners manual. I cannot find any detailed info about the seat belt motor or anything like that. Where do you think that I would find such information if I do not have the owners kit?

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nautilus said:
All I have is my owners manual. I cannot find any detailed info about the seat belt motor or anything like that. Where do you think that I would find such information if I do not have the owners kit?
go to Ebay and find someone with the kit...

·
Registered
674 Posts
This is going to fall into a fuzzy area. As to the warantee on the seatbelts it is life but that's required through the department of transportantion. As to components in the system I'm not sure. You might also want to give the dot a call to see what the specifics are.

UltimaSE

·
Registered
18 Posts
Been there, done that!

My girl has a 94' GXE and she had that problem with both front seatbelts(sticking). So we went to the dealer and the service mgr. there @ the time said it would be $100+ for each s.belt. I was like what the hell. So I told him to get the head honcho that was there @ the time. He told me he didn't know why the told me that and that they would do it for free. So if you have a problem with them again ask to speak to the general mgr. of that dealership. If that doesn't work email Nissan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.