The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rule #1 is Im #1
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was headed to work this morning listening to the traffic report when all of a sudden my radio's volume started adjusting by it self. It went from volume 14 to 22. After I turned it back down it the volume lowered itself from 14 to volume 9. WTF!!! I either had a ghost in im car this morning of something is seriously wrong with my radio. Have any of you 3rd gen. folks experienced this before? If so what did you do? Do you think the dealer will fix this with 46k on the car? Btw I have the non Bose am/fm cd with the steering wheel control. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

·
Not So New Member
1,290 Posts
You have experienced the ghost as well. This is not the speed sensitive volume that the car is equipped with. I too (only once) have had the volume level (and display) randomly decide to change without user interaction. I doubt the dealer will do anything for you for 2 reasons: your car is out of waranty, and the tech will probably not be able to reproduce the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Volume

I noticed the same problem at certain temperature conditions. In the winter when its very cold, the temperature effects the material behind the knob and I saw it rotating by itself. Freaked me out at first, then I realized what it was. Recently, in September it was due to high humidity and low temperature inside my car.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
people in the past have told me that the volume control through the steering wheel was hardwired, but all this talk about the ghost makes me think the reciever has IR built into it.

·
American Muscle
958 Posts
mine does the same as u all discribed......I noticed when im at a dead stop then punch it sometimes the radio's volume goes up to.....very weird. Try it and let me know if it worx out the same:)

·
changeyour|gameplan
1,032 Posts

My 02 did that during high humidity. It is very freaky. Shut it off and hoped it stayed off :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts