The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy is a brother to me. It's a huge bummer right now cause this guy is a Marine Reserve Tanker and they are not even sending him and his group as tankers...they're going to be out there as MP's. He go the call a couple of days ago they'll be sending him to Camp Lejune in January for a couple of months of training and then off to Iraq...This really sucks.

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
So let me guess, it'll be about 6 months of training and a 12 month deployment? That really sucks:(
I got lucky, I only had to do 7 months there(went in with 1st wave)...but that was quiet enough as it is...doing 12-18 must really suck:(
But then again, its not as bad there anymore, as far as living conditions are concerned. They've dfacs that serve american food,have ice cream,salad bars, etc...

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^Yup. About 6 months of training and about 12 months actually being out there. The shitty thing is that he's a tanker but they're sending them out there as MP's so it'll be that much worse...or perhaps they would be less safe in a tank. Anyways, I don't know what combat does to somebody, I don't know if he'll come back the same.

I thought they were suppose to be taking troops out not sending more in....wat a bunch of pricks.

·
14,455 Posts
Man, just hope for the best!

My cousin just went to bootcamp to become an MP. We had a big bash for him 2 weekends ago. All ya can do is hope for the best.

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
whatese said:
^^^Yup. About 6 months of training and about 12 months actually being out there. The shitty thing is that he's a tanker but they're sending them out there as MP's so it'll be that much worse...or perhaps they would be less safe in a tank. Anyways, I don't know what combat does to somebody, I don't know if he'll come back the same.

I thought they were suppose to be taking troops out not sending more in....wat a bunch of pricks.
yeah being a reservist is not worth it now...I was active duty so it wasnt really a big surprise when I got sent there.

As far as tankers are concerned,here's the problem. They primarily use them to destroy an opponents army and heavy equipment. After that, they're really just overpriced boats.
In the cities, their tracks/rubber pads wear out so fast (since they weight about 70k+ pounds), that most of them never roll anyway...and replacement parts are hundreds of thousands $ each, and are hard to get...
A tanker company attached to my task force, just had 4 tanks (out of 14) that could roll,they werent worth repairing out there just to break down again after 100miles, if shit hit the fan...
So they received some humvees and assisted the grunts and scouts on raids daily that way.
That was the problems with Abrams tanks at least...the lighter Bradleys (some might consider it a "lighter" tank,but not really) didnt have the same problems...we had about 40 rolling out and about every few days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts