The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Rippen RJ
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I get PM'd a lot about the Sentra CAI that I have installed on my car. Of course many (all) wanting pics so I am just making a post for all to see how it looks/fits. Keep in mind the battery is in the back but it DOES NOT get in the way if left alone.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

I also made a short video clip..

Clip 1

I am gonna get rid of blue hoses and get black ones. The black ones I got at first didn't fit that well. Hope this helps people :shift:

·
Rippen RJ
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, that 90 degree bend doesn't come with the Sentra CAI, I just added it myself. I ran it for about 2 years without the bend but I added it later on because I got it for free. You just have to adjust it right..

·
Registered
922 Posts
Finally!!!!

Not that i needed it, already running a HS cold air intake...

This is a very good wright up w/pics, so, those of you who are scared to do this mod, now have a guide for dummies....

The sentra intake that he is running is one of the cheapest on ebay and is a NON SE-R.... I bought this intake, but never used it..

·
DIFFERENER
2,240 Posts
i always heard there was a part that had to be modified,is dat tru cause it doesnt look like it

·
Rippen RJ
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing I did was add an extra hole so I could recirculate the valve cover hose. Very simple to do. The kit I bought didn't come with the MAF plate but I already had one so I didn't care. Other then that I really didn't modify. The midpipe fit in just like how the normal short ram intake fits.

·
Rippen RJ
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The battery is in the trunk, but I did have the intake installed there for over 2 years with the battery in the stock location.

·
Rippen RJ
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know, with everyone keeping secrets and not saying what kind of part is on their car and stuff... I can't tell you what year it is, cause I don't want anyone biting off my style....

NAHHHH I'm just playing, I'm here to help :) It's off a 2000 Sentra

·
slowtima
290 Posts
Haha thanks bro. One quick question, I saw in another thread that the 95-99 maxima cai will fit better, is this true?

·
Rippen RJ
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha thanks bro. One quick question, I saw in another thread that the 95-99 maxima cai will fit better, is this true?
I heard about the Maxima intake fitting but I heard it from only one person (same person your talking about), from the picture of the Maxima intake that I saw, it looks like it will fit with very minor modification. I can't say it will though cause I never saw it in real life, never saw it in an Altima engine bay, and I haven't heard much about it. You could always try it and see how it goes, but like I said, I think it'll work.

awsomeo said:
looks good! hows the feeling? high-end power? mid-end power?
It feels great, overall compared to stock it just smashes. The low-end is amazing, the mid-range is great and the high-end is great as-well. Compared to when I had a WAI, the lowend on the CAI was better, the mid-range I would say is close but maybe a little edge with WAI and with the high-end, it felt as if the WAI was performing a little better. BUT COMPARED TO STOCK, the CAI is great and so is the WAI. Nice thing about a CAI, you can always remove the extension pipe and make it WAI :)

·
slowtima
290 Posts
I would but I rather just buy one that is confirmed that works. What did you get the bomz cai? Would any brand work? I am assuming as long as its 00-01 sentra it should fit right?

·
Rippen RJ
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would but I rather just buy one that is confirmed that works. What did you get the bomz cai? Would any brand work? I am assuming as long as its 00-01 sentra it should fit right?
I didn't actually buy the Bomz one, I just went on eBay and got one. A pipe is a pipe :) As long as it is the same design, it should fit fine.

I think the one I actually bought is this one, keep in mind it DOESN'T come with the MAF adapter plate, which you can buy either online or at a local auto store (I know Kragen sells them), you may need to re-drill the holes to match your MAF. Like I said, you will need to tweak some minor things but overall it isn't hard.

·
Nissan power
58 Posts
It feels great, overall compared to stock it just smashes. The low-end is amazing, the mid-range is great and the high-end is great as-well. Compared to when I had a WAI, the lowend on the CAI was better, the mid-range I would say is close but maybe a little edge with WAI and with the high-end, it felt as if the WAI was performing a little better. BUT COMPARED TO STOCK, the CAI is great and so is the WAI. Nice thing about a CAI, you can always remove the extension pipe and make it WAI :)
sounds good! encourages me to go on with my project on my 99 :)
right now i customized my intake, well i just cut the box with the filter and fitted a high-flow cone LOL(would like to know your opinion on this though)
ill move the battery and make it CAI:shift:

·
Rippen RJ
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sounds good! encourages me to go on with my project on my 99 :)
right now i customized my intake, well i just cut the box with the filter and fitted a high-flow cone LOL(would like to know your opinion on this though)
ill move the battery and make it CAI:shift:
You should because I think it's the 2nd best mod for this car (1st being the header). Honestly, your setup seems fine, pictures would be nice but you really didn't need to cut the box at all. You could of removed it and added just a MAF adapter plate + the filter. It would of worked the same (maybe better depending how you cut your and such), and would of been a lot easier.

Also, you don't have to relocate your battery to make the CAI fit. You will need to make the hole near the driver side fender bigger.

·
Rippen RJ
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah that's the adapter plate, you probably can find it cheaper than that. Not sure how that one fits but it should be easy to modify if needed.

·
99 altima
2,181 Posts
wait to make this work...you added a hole on your intake pipe itself?...i want to switch over to cold air for a few and see if there is a difference

·
Rippen RJ
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wait to make this work...you added a hole on your intake pipe itself?...i want to switch over to cold air for a few and see if there is a difference
Well you will need to make one hole on the mid-pipe to connect the valve cover hose to the intake. Other than that, that's the only modification needed on the intake piping side. Then the MAF adapter may need to get the holes re-drilled to mate on the MAF. Lastly you just need to make the driver side fender well hole bigger to fit the tubing. That's all the modifications needed for this project.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts