Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
6,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You still alive out there? :D

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
6,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol....that and i'm bored. And your thread got me thinkin about this one chick out here....:(

·
WheeEEEEEeeEEeEe!!!!!!!
550 Posts
LOL!

Sorry about that, Risq. But yeah. Various things have me thinking of various girls too...

But then I went out and bought a sword; now all is well! :D

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
6,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL...my time is spent working on my car. Makes me forget about all that crap. When your sanding the shit out of everything...your more worried about thirst and sore hands and arms. :D

What the hell are you gonna do with a sword? Chop someone's head off? That's not very useful!!

·
WheeEEEEEeeEEeEe!!!!!!!
550 Posts
Well, they say that the sword (a katana) is for display purposes, but I found it pretty sharp. I went to my backyard and sliced a lily pad in half; it was AWESOME! First, the cut was clean through the middle, cutting the pad into two semi-circles. I also cut it deep enough to tear the pad right off the stem though! It was like one of those old samurai movies! I swung and then two pieces of lily pad hit the floor... and then, for some reason, the stem started bubbling with this milky white crap, so I ran into the house to clean the blade... :D

So... in terms of katana versus lily pad...

SWORD = THE WINNAR!!! :D

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
6,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HAHA...you took pictures of it right? I wanna see!

I want one of those swords that doesn't have the tsuba? The hand gaurd piece. When it's in the case *sheath?*, it looks like a big curved stick..and it has a tanto blade. Just a plain wood color. No fancy shit. I want the 13 inch sword...and the 8 inch dagger. I think those are the length's. ****ing badass swords.

·
WheeEEEEEeeEEeEe!!!!!!!
550 Posts
No pictures... but tell you what. I'll go chop up another one tomorrow and take some pics. :D

And yeah. Those Tsuba-less swords are badass, as are the straight, ninja style Wakizashi.

If you want to actually use the swords, though, pay the extra $100 or so and spring for the carbon steel blades (as opposed to stainless steel). They're heavier and stronger, but I find that they look less like the polished tamahagane swords of Japan's feudal days.

If you want a truly badass weapon, try to lift a Masamune from Japan (if you can. I hear that the two remaining are national treasures)! :D

·
I am the universe.
1,539 Posts
septimus, that is the coolest pic you have there of Iori & the ddr pad!

·
Nipponese
5,458 Posts
The 'tsuba' less tantos are often refered to as "aikuchi" in the old time samurai lingo as well as Yakuza world. If you want a real Katana, prepare to pay a minimum of $20,000.00 to a swordsmith in Japan! And for a "Masamune" or a "Muramasa", you better have a bank account of Bill Gates'.

·
f*cked up repugnant sh*t
7,969 Posts
that's really cool, poisonfist. i think it is so neat when you can tie family heirlooms like that directly into history....a lot of people have lost touch with things like that. i have been considering my family's crest as my next tattoo, actually (or a version of it, anyway).

·
Nipponese
5,458 Posts
Can you post the family crest of yours? That's pretty cool if you ask me (to have that tattooed). The family crest and the sword of the samurai family side is my mother's side so I am not under that family name, my father's side is of a boring origin :p.

·
f*cked up repugnant sh*t
7,969 Posts
man, i wish i could, but it's back to the old "lack of a scanner" issue. i can see if perhaps my mom can find a copy and send it to me, i will let you know. :)

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
6,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fette said:
i think risq is just concerned that his whoredom status is being threatened.

OK slooshy...you have NO proof of that!!! QUit spreading lies!! ;) :p

And thanks Dan...I always wanted to know what they were called!! Poisonfist always there to save the day. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts