The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Alty for sale! Make offer
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen a few people on here with the service engine soon light coming up after they install an intake...and yes it happened to me too. I just installed a Place Racing CAI on my 99 GLE and and getting the service engine soon light...any quick remedies or do i have to count the blinks or somethin? thanks

·
sittin' pretty.
2,427 Posts
i wouldnt worry about it...I always though the CAIs had something for the o2 sensor to plug into. I have a WAI and I just left the sensor hanging there...the service engine light doesnt bother me anymore.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
AltimaDude99 said:
i wouldnt worry about it...I always though the CAIs had something for the o2 sensor to plug into. I have a WAI and I just left the sensor hanging there...the service engine light doesnt bother me anymore.
yeah, and your car prolly isn't runnin right either. those sensors are there for a reason.

either wait a while and the light will go off because it takes a few cycles for the sensor to recognize the change. or just reset the ecu. the best that i've found was to just disconnect the positive battery cable for 10 hrs, NO LESS!!! just do it over night that way it doesn't interfere with your schedule.

i've tried the method in the faq, but for some reason, i'm retarded or it just doesn't work for me.

·
layin rubber on philly
950 Posts
yeah my service engine light has been on for the longest time. ohh well it doesnt bother me either.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
All it takes to reset the ECU is to turn it completely clockwise and then immediately back completely counterclockwise. It will start spitting out trouble codes. Let it run through the code sequences a couple times, if you have any, and then do the exact same thing again. This second time is actually what "resets" the ECU. If you dont do it the second time, it does not reset it.

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
just reset the ecu. i tried doin it the proper way last time but for some reason it did not work. so i just unhooked the battery for the night. worked out just fine that way.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
oh yea...thanks dude...

yea you turn the key to the "ON" position, but dont start it, and THEN do the motions with the screw in the ECU.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What was that?

Hello, I am buying a CAI from SouthwestAutoWorks.
It's gonna be a Place Racing. He only has two left, and I'm getting one for $210.00 shipped.
I know a guy at a local shop in San Antonio thats gonna install it.
What and how is the proper way to turn off the light.
Cause, I'm kinda picky with my baby ('01 GXE).
And from past experience, leaving it on will hurt,, at least on a Mercury (my moms, gave it to my sister).
So does the battey thing really work?

·
Alty for sale! Make offer
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried the battery and even resetting the emu but mine just turned off by itself one day bout 20 days after i got it put on. Go figure

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
AltimaDude99 said:
i wouldnt worry about it...I always though the CAIs had something for the o2 sensor to plug into.
If you ever plug the o2 sensor into the intake, post a picture so we can see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts