The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well
I don't know what happened to my car. I drove it a good 50 miles to work...and I came up to a stop sign, let it idle, and all of a sudden it started to shake real bad...and I noticed the exhaust wasn't constant...it was sputtering. But I worked for a good 13 hours that day, came back to my car and it was still doing the same thing. Then I drove it back another 50 miles and now it's running normal I think. Someone said it could be my spark plugs and to get new spark plugs and new ignition wires. He also said it could be an o2 sensor but my car only has 17 thousand miles...it's kinda early for a sensor to go out. I want to take it to the shop but I got all these wires and shit in there...I don't want to take it there and then they said my warranty is voided. I only have a light kit on the underneath and some subwoofers and those windshield washer nozzle lights. I'm not sure if that's gonna void the warranty or not...but I don't want them to find out about it just in case...so if anyone has a clue...can a **** get some help? :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
i'm not sure if the people in the dealerships there are cool but even though you modded your car to the fullest some of them don't even care, but for lights, and a power wire for the amp they're not going to void your shit. but just clean up the wires a lil' bit and bring it in, if not then check the plugs.

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,662 Posts
my car was sputtering before when i would accelerate, replaced the plugs (they were 7 yr old stock ngks w/ 90k on them) and it runs beautifully now.

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I've checked the plugs and ignition wires...but I haven't changed them...I think i'm gonna check with the dealer first cuz my car is still under warranty...I cleaned up the wires and took out the transformer today and taking the car to the shop today around 9. And today I parked at wal-mart...came out like an hour later...and my car wouldn't start!!!! It would turn over but it just wouldn't catch and start. I had to push in the gas a little to get it going. Drove it home...and my car was running fine again. ARGH!!!! Wish I knew what the heck was goin on. Anyways, wish me luck! God I hope I didn't ruin my tranny.

Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts