The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2015 Nissan Altima 2.5 Base & 2001 Nissan R50 Pathfinder SE 3.5 4X4 MT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i took my car in today for serivce for the first time. (Free oil change) yeah right, or so i thought. I was told that my car has a new maintenance plan and schedule. And its gonna cost me 90 bucks every 6 months or 5000 miles. So i flipped my sh**, o and heres the kicker. Aside from the oil change and tire rotation, nissan will now go over your car with a magnifying glass and check your suspension, among other things. So there trying to find something wrong with my car. I just dont want them fondling with my car, i ve had issues with this dealership ship in the past. My car runs just like it did when i bought it in june. O and the oil change will be free. I didnt even bother to ask if my tire rotation was even included in that price. So has anyone else had this happen to them? And what is your take on this? Will not doing this form of maintenance as there would like to call it void my warranty?

Registered
i pay about 29$ but bring my own oil for oil change synthetic it's about 20$ and free car wash =), weclome to cali and carson nissan

Registered
I don't understand the question...are they saying that you're schedule changed because of driving conditions and are trying to sell you a higher price oil? Nothing wrong with free multi-point inspections. Ultimately it's up to you if you'd like to proceed repairing anything they find. This is one way to point out issues of "How the hell did they not notice anything was wrong when the car bounces" and get them fixed.

If you have issues with that dealership go to another one, if that's the only one that will give you free oil changes then you gotta think about the value of the whole ordeal.

Registered
2015 Nissan Altima 2.5 Base & 2001 Nissan R50 Pathfinder SE 3.5 4X4 MT
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no, what there doing is trying to up sale me. its an up graded form of maintenance, were they check every nut and bolt or so they say. and then my oil change will be free, I love my car the way it is. I just don't want them toying with it and up setting the balance of my ride.

Registered
Just do the maintenance required in your manual. It's not worth getting upset over, and it's not that complicated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts