18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have the service manual..
thnx

·
Registered
113 Posts
jvitale said:
I have the hard copy version. Set me back $300.
I know how handy it is to have the factory service manual....I have one for each of my other two cars, but damn thats expensive...I think I only paid $100 for the two I have combined!

Kevin

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
goto the for sale forum and/or group buy forum. Someone has the CD.
Jay

·
Registered
884 Posts
I believe the CD sale is no more.

I have a question for jvitale...

Is there a wiring harness in the side mirrors for the heated mirrors? If so, would it be easy to just buy the mirrors and do the swap?

Also, what is the plug in below the front passenger seat for, and also, sticking out of my console barely is another plug in... down right near the gas pedal. I have the 5 speed manual and I am wondering what that plug in is. I am presuming it is for the manual trans shifter or something.

Thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you have a blue and yellow wire going into your side mirrors, this is the power wire for the heating element. It is linked into the rear window defogger switch. When you turn on the rear defogger, it turns on the side mirror defrosters. I believe only cars equiped with the leather package have this particular wiring harness. My SE does not have it.

As far as the open plugs lying around, they are diagnosis plugs used by the dealer to pin point problems.

·
Registered
81 Posts
CD should be free!

The sales brochure for the '02 alti had a fairly nice multimedia CD in it, and was eagerly given to me free. If the service manual is available on a CD, I'll gladly trade my brochure CD for one. My salesguy thought he "might" be able to at least loan me a service CD, and I think I'll push him a little harder to do so. That's what CD burners are for, isn't it?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Thanks so much jvitale for checking on that!

Well, I didn't get into the actual mirror, but I did get into the door panel where the mirror is attached to the car. There is a 5 wire harness with a white plug. And on that plug is:

purple/white
yellow/red
black/red
blue/yellow
black

So..... Sounds to me that I could put in the Heated mirrors!!

Now, how about those heated seats. Is there a wiring harness to those?

My car is missing the cold weather package and ABS/Side Curtains. I am betting that I may be able to get the cold weather package into the car!

·
Registered
128 Posts
When I got my car home from the dealer, I looked in the Owner's manual for info on the Service Manual. Here's what I found.

The Altima Service Manual - Printed is $295 and the Altima Service Manual - CD is $210.

Considering that it is 3,582 pages, I guess that isn't too bad (yeah, right). I think it's just Nissan's way of keeping the owner's of its cars from working on them. And keeping the dealer's pockets full of our hard-earned money.

When I bought my service manual for my Protege it was $22. I was upset when they raised the price to $45. But $300. Come on.

Just pity the people who decide to autocross their Nissans. The SCCA requires that you have a copy of the Factory Service Manual in the event that you are protested. I can think of a lot of much better ways to spend $300 on improving my cars performance than buying a freaking service manual.

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
Someone on here was trying to get a group buy on one CD, then copies for everyone else but Mike (the admin) caught him. Stuff like that would get the site into some real big trouble...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
service manual

guys any one who have cd wanna sell me a copy????

·
Registered
135 Posts
To 2002Altima:

Before you run off and get the heated mirrors, check to make sure that the Blue/Yellow wire has power going to it when you turn on the rear defogger.

·
Registered
884 Posts
jvitale said:
Before you run off and get the heated mirrors, check to make sure that the Blue/Yellow wire has power going to it when you turn on the rear defogger.
Oh yeah... definately going to check that first.

I was trying to figure out today if there is some sort of indicator that comes on if you turn on the mirrors.... or something that says, "Hey... You have this nifty accessory!" I don't think there is. There seems to only be the rear defroster light. Also, the manual states nothing about the heated outside mirrors.

.... I got in my car this morning and ALL my windows were obscured with Ice, and my side mirrors are all clear. So, if they NEVER ice up, I don't think it is a realistic thing for me to spend money on, unless I find some mirrors at a junkyard or some special deal, I probably won't do it right away.

·
Registered
135 Posts
No separate harness for the heated seats. The driver seat should have a 16 pin plug with the gray/red and green/yellow wires powering the heating elements and the passenger seat should have a 18 pin plug with the gray/black and gray/yellow wires powering the heat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts