The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to make sure that im not doing too much..........
Chest, Back, Shoulders, Legs 15-20 sets each
Bi's, Tri's 10-15 sets each

Thanks......
Robb

·
they call me the butcher
3,184 Posts
yea 15 seems really high for reps i normaly do 3 sets of 8

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
It all depends on your goal, are you trying to gain or maintain muscle, get or stay toned, lose weight, etc.... there really isnt a right or wrong answer, it all depends on what your training for..

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^im not talking about reps, im talking about 15-20 sets per bodypart............12reps, 10 reps, 8 reps, 6 reps <---about 4 sets per exercise.........

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
did you get this routine from someone or somewhere online?...Its wayy too much for trying to gain muscle, your body adapts to what you do, if your able to do this many sets/reps then the weight you're using is soemwhat light, so all your training your body to do is lift light weight many times ..and it doesn't need big muscles for this so you wont gain any.

try to keep your reps to 6-8 for now, about 3 sets per exercise and do about 3 exercises per body part. That's about 9 sets per body part. Use weight that you can lift WITH GOOD FORM and IN CONTROL. Some people like to increase the weight from set 1 thru 3, personally, i use the same weight for all 3 sets.

Use exercises that hit the muscle in different ways, for example, for chest, flat bench press, inclined bench press, and inclined bench press hit the chest from all areas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts