The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being as I'm bored right now I was browsing some of the imdb forums and came across a couple threads where certain persons were concerned with sexual content in movies. She wanted to go see Man on Fire with one of her parents and asked whether there was sexual content in it. When someone told her no but informed her that it was extremely graphic she replied that violence was ok with her as long as there was no sex. When I was younger I remember some of my friends parents wouldn't let them see movies with sex but they were ok with violent gory movies.

Does .net share the same sentiments?
Of the two - which is worse (for the sake of argument i say use two movies as icons for each one, say: unfaithful for sex and man on fire for violence)?

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
shud have poll'd - im a moron

1,407 Posts

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
Al Bundy's Friend Griff said:
with both opinions? On the poll opinion? or on the moron opinion? :D

1,407 Posts
PsyKoh said:
with both opinions? On the poll opinion? or on the moron opinion? :D
Take your pick. ;)

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
I can't answer within the context of those 2 movies, having seen neither. But I believe we have it ass-backwards in this country - all uptight about sex, but gratuitous voilence is just fine.

·
Who is your daddy ?
275 Posts
Man on fire had one of the shittiest editing ev4r.

director needs to make his own cut to make this movie gnarly, since it's not a bad movie.

american TV first year made me so confused, since they talk about sex all the time on most of the channels, yet they blur boobies and all that ish. Oh and the funniest shit was showing hard R rated movies on basic cable, with half of it being cut, blurred or just muted.

Now i'm kinda used to it.

HBO ownz.

·
DON'T!!! I'm watching you
2,795 Posts
In Europe you get to see boobies in TV commercials during the day. I remember they had this female deodorant commercial, where the chick would just appear topless using the deodorant stick, ending up with a close up shot. And this is just an example, funny thing it's that they used to show it at any time, and people don't go to the bathroom to play with themselves after watching it :D they're used to it.

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pwi

sexxx rox!

·
Back by unpopular demand
1,628 Posts
i think its cuz americans are stupid. not to mention the christians around here have nothing better to do then bitch bitch bitch to the gov't to ultra censor everything. but then the stupid atheists have nothing better to do then bitch bitch bitch and try to get the word "god" out of every lil place possible, as if that makes the slightest difference

1 - 13 of 13 Posts