The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
big memeber
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how hard is it to shave emblems off a car a first gen and also those ugly strips on the doors? i shaved my antenna and that was very easy but i just need to know about the rest.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
It's pretty easy. Grab some fishing line and some goo gone and you set. Helps if the cars been sitting in the sun for awhile.

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
It depends on which emblems you mean exactly. If you mean just the "ALTIMA" and "GXE" for ex. they are only on there with double sided tape, as are the side moldings. Goo Gone, WD-40 and a hair dryer will help you take them off. if you mean the trunk latch "hamburger" for example, that's gonna take some sheet metal and weldig, sanding, etc.

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
seems like whoever did the re-paint job on my car before i bought it used some hardening glue on all the emblems, so i'm wondering of how to get the rest of the glue off other than sand paper. goo-gone didn't work, neither did wd40. heat gun?

·
big memeber
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i want to get everything but... it is too cold to sit out side for ever and mess aroudn with the trunk so i might just have that done when i get back doors shaved and the front handles

·
big memeber
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey altimavixen how long did it take you to do the handles on your car????

·
Pacman
341 Posts
The more heat you can get, the better. I use a hair dryer, but a heat gun would probably work better. And use strong fishing line, cuz weak line will break pretty quickly.

·
SUCK MY HAIRLESS GONADS!
3,292 Posts
felipesaltima said:
when i get back doors shaved and the front handles
back doors shaved? do oyu mean make it a two door or just the handles?

·
big memeber
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
back doors shaved but i have decided to keep the front handles so nothing at all for the back door i dont even want it usable.

·
Registered
494 Posts
While most people think the idea is dangerous, I don't see sitting in the back seat (w/ doors welded) being any different from riding in the back seat of a coupe. Either way, if everything goes to hell, you can't get out except for the front doors... As far as looks go, well I'd have to see it. I would never want to lose the usability of my back doors, but if this guy's building a show car, it might be worth it... :confused:

·
Banned
225 Posts
hey altimavixen. i have a quick question. how did you remove the side "bumber". the part that runs from the front fender to the back fender, a little below knee height. i think its there to keep you from hitting stuff with your door. i want to remove it, but how? thanks

·
big memeber
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
actually i just removed the "blumber" or whatever you called it it is very easy . goo gone and fishing line . as soon as i had enough that i could grab on to i just pulled it right off

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
2,594 Posts
The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the Dictionary search box to the right.

Suggestions for bumber:
1. bumper
2. bummer
3. bumble
4. bumbler
5. bombard
6. bobber
7. boomer
8. Bombay
9. Bohmer
10. Buber

bbummpppperrrr. one more person says bumber and i am going to go insane. sounds like you a mumbling or something.

·
Banned
225 Posts
haha. do you really care that much about spelling. oh well, i think i will try and remove the bumber later. man o man, i hope that bumber comes off easy. i will be pissed it that bumber messes up my car. later

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
2,594 Posts
neogenesisfool said:
what's the best way to get rid of my ugly ass stripes on the side of my car?
pinstripes or the side moldings? if its pinstripe, u can just pick it and peel it off. works bettter if u heat with a hair dryer. then use some paint cleaner or something after u are done to clean it up.

for the side moldings use fishing line and a hair dryer.

but be warned, on an older car there will be discoloration of the paint under the moldings and pinstripes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts