The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
::Distant Illusion::
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i'm getting the car repainted so I figured i'd take off the Altima Se crap since i don't like how it looks, That part came off fine with out any marks. Next i attempet to take of the Nissan Symbol little did i know you can not take it off with out doing some metal work around the lock. :angry4:
Anyways I took of the first part of the symbol leaving the back part and the lock.The nipple part is still on the Nissan symbol, so is there anyway I can reattach this my self?
(I have pictures of what i did I just don't know how to get them up) Can some one tell me how to post pictures?

·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
ok than can you tell me how to link in the picture?.. I just sort of though that it was just a cover glued on over the key lock.. Should have ask you guys first. can i put it back on?

·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry let me try to re explain what I ment.
All I wanted to do was Take the Nissan cover and that back piece off. I wanted to leave the Lock part in I new that went into the trunk. I ment the two metal parts above where you insert the key.

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
open the trunk and reach behind the panel. there is a piece of metal in there that hold the entire assembly to the trunk. You can't miss it. Pull that piece towards you and the lock will then slip out of the trunk.

·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok No i don't think its broken the nipple is still on the end. Now when I get the whole assembly out how do i go about reputting it together? Thanks rev you always got my back on questions

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
dude just shave the whole lock off.....you don't need it anyways!
I've had mine shaved off for over a year now and never needed it once...

·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Peterson Yes i did snap it off. But just how it looks it seems as though i can snap it back on, funny part is that it won't. I don't know what im gonna do, altima8 says shave it. I'm getting the car painted in a week now that i think about it next saturday (sorry altima8) anyways if I can fix it fine. If not im gonna see how much it is to shave it compared to getting a new one on.. So if anyone knows the price on that please let me know. thankyou everyone

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Santacruz02 said:
Peterson Yes i did snap it off.

If not im gonna see how much it is to shave it compared to getting a new one on.. So if anyone knows the price on that please let me know. thankyou everyone
You broke it!

Shaving is probably cheaper then a new lock assembly. I'd try to remove the entire lock yourself and fill the hole so that it's ready to paint when you get to the paint shop

·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I can remove the whole things, What Do i replace it with? Do i have to get metal work done on the car?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts