The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DRGN4DR
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got a rough estimate of what shaving this stuff would cost?

rear trunk lock, door handles and locks, sidemarkers, and turn signals

·
4G > SR
2,767 Posts
i guess you wouldnt really need to signal directions if you couldnt get into your car and oh yeah itll prolly cost about $9000

·
DRGN4DR
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seriously...when i shave the turn signals the corner lights are gonna be my turn signals....and i have an alarm capable of controlling the poppers...if the alarm fails i will have a hidden button on the car to pop the door...or else i'll be breakin a window....

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Shaving really not hard. All you do is pull the handles out through the inside then fiberglass putty it. It sucks cause if you dont have the time for it its either pay for it to get done or wait. Being a college student I learned you save so much money doing things yourself and learn from it. The worse that could happen is the fiberglass putty isnt sanded down perfect so they will charge you a couple bucks the fix it. No biggie.

·
I ♥ speedbumps
2,196 Posts
Just do it yourself, chicken.

:D

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
this is my project for the winter! Also wana make body kit look like part of car not add on.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
SPL Hertz said:
anyone got a rough estimate of what shaving this stuff would cost?

rear trunk lock, door handles and locks, sidemarkers, and turn signals
I also want to shave my sidemarkers and turn signals, but I have a few questions. How do you go about filling in the turn signal area, and how do you fill the hole left by the side marker? Also, what type of bulbs do you use for the corner lights as the turn signals, cuz the oem lights aren't that bright in the daytime.

G

·
0 Posts
LoAltimaOn17s said:
this is my project for the winter! Also wana make body kit look like part of car not add on.
i believe we call that molding in the non-altimas.net world.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
its so easy to do yourself.

take out doorhandles/locks....

get a piece of metal welded in on the back to make a backing for the fiberglass to stick to

fill with the fiberglass,ley dry,sand it smooth,glaze,sand,primer

im almost done with mine i have everything filled and sanded but havent glazed or final sand yet,im gonna finish it this weekend

·
altimas.net OG
2,049 Posts
Jimmy

yea it seems pretty simple...didnt you ( jimmy ) post pix b4...looked real nice...

-shek

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
if you are going to shave handles, do it the way jimmy said, just jamming bondo in the hole is incredible ghetto.

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
want my buddy to recommend a shop for u? i think he got his accord done for 3-4gs painted and shaved.

·
over it...
643 Posts
SHIT $100.00 per door . thats an awesome deal must be a cali thing cause over here in va its atleast 300 a door and that s not from experienced shops...mr spoiler a popular custom guy charges $450.00 a door.

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Roger

While I didn't read all the posts, I stopped at fiberglass putty....
Whatever...
Anyway, talk to Josh, he is the resident body man expert, that is, when he's not in jail....
He will do it dirt cheap for all Top Notch peeps...
Alex

1 - 17 of 17 Posts