The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Just make SURE that the cam timing is right on the marks.

Also make sure the dowels on the intake cams are in the holes on the camshafts.

I had problems with mine as the $^%$^*$%^* dowels are so tiny [VVT gear] that they didn't go into the hole at all, but bolted together like nothing was wrong.

I had to weld the damned hole up in the cam, then drill a new hole using a old stock cam as a jig.

I went ahead, and pulled the stupid dowel, and made another, longer dowel of out hardened allen wrench. Now I KNOW the dowel is in the hole.

Good luck.

·
zerolimit
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just make SURE that the cam timing is right on the marks.

Also make sure the dowels on the intake cams are in the holes on the camshafts.

I had problems with mine as the $^%$^*$%^* dowels are so tiny [VVT gear] that they didn't go into the hole at all, but bolted together like nothing was wrong.

I had to weld the damned hole up in the cam, then drill a new hole using a old stock cam as a jig.

I went ahead, and pulled the stupid dowel, and made another, longer dowel of out hardened allen wrench. Now I KNOW the dowel is in the hole.

Good luck.
for sure triple checked it got it all right spun the crank everything is good so far i should have it all finished by tomorrow

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
Why has it taken 4 years to get to this level? Maybe I missed something, which is totally possile. Also, your golden! With the engne completely out like this, imho, there is ZERO chance of screwing something up. Its just too easy to see everything and expertly button her back up, in most cases as good if not better than a grungy job hating Nissan tech. The battle is simple, know your enemy and stroke her well, lol and youl have no issues.

So Zero seriously why 4 years bro? Pics look great! Congrats! :)

Reactions: zerolimit4life

·
zerolimit
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why has it taken 4 years to get to this level? Maybe I missed something, which is totally possile. Also, your golden! With the engne completely out like this, imho, there is ZERO chance of screwing something up. Its just too easy to see everything and expertly button her back up, in most cases as good if not better than a grungy job hating Nissan tech. The battle is simple, know your enemy and stroke her well, lol and youl have no issues.

So Zero seriously why 4 years bro? Pics look great! Congrats! :)
when it 1st broke i had bought a vette so i was not in much of a hurry to get it done a yr passed at a guys shop then i started pressing the issue he said give him 3 more months so i just wait i call him 3 months later and he was out of busniess i had already paid him 2700 bucks my car was in impound costed me like 1300 to get it out then he finally gives me my motor in like 1000 pieces a bunch of crap missing exc exc its been a long road with this car lol

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
OMG bro, man, I would have helped your form an ASS BEATING posse in this evet! That is ****ing nuts!!!!!!
Are you good? Do you need anything? If I can help in any way I am willing to do what I can. Wow! MF'er

Reactions: zerolimit4life
1 - 13 of 13 Posts